Found a Hard Top

FamilyFunWagon

TJ Enthusiast
I was super stoked to find a hardtop for a decent price. It was a little rough (it sat outside for 2 years) and needed some new brackets, but not too bad after a few days of getting her back into shape. I think I scored, I paid 600. I have been looking and couldnt find one without the vents for under 1000, so. Now I just need to find the rear wiper motor cover and either build or buy the wiring kit, if I can find one.

20200417_095206.jpg

20200417_095236.jpg

20200417_095250.jpg

20200417_095150.jpg

Thanks fellas. It was a mission. My brother and I picked it up with it pouring rain. We had to rig the back widow with plastic and duct tape. People were looking at us like we were a couple of crack heads that stole it.

Now I got duct tape residue on the back of my jeep. Any ideas on how to get it off?

Reactions: Apparition
I was super stoked to find a hardtop for a decent price. It was a little rough (it sat outside for 2 years) and needed some new brackets, but not too bad after a few days of getting her back into shape. I think I scored, I paid 600. I have been looking and couldnt find one without the vents for under 1000, so. Now I just need to find the rear wiper motor cover and either build or buy the wiring kit, if I can find one.

View attachment 153497

View attachment 153498

View attachment 153499

View attachment 153500

I seems you're ALSO missing your rear wiper motor cover! That's how mine came when I found it too:LOL:. Great find though!

Thanks fellas. It was a mission. My brother and I picked it up with it pouring rain. We had to rig the back widow with plastic and duct tape. People were looking at us like we were a couple of crack heads that stole it.

Now I got duct tape residue on the back of my jeep. Any ideas on how to get it off?

try goo gone, I've never used it but have heard good things about it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006IBNJ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Nice find! I see them go anywhere from $500 to $1200. The guys who want a lot of money rarely ever get it. An Unlimited hard top is certainly worth $1000 plus, but not a TJ hard top.

Nice find! I see them go anywhere from $500 to $1200. The guys who want a lot of money rarely ever get it. An Unlimited hard top is certainly worth $1000 plus, but not a TJ hard top.

A $1000 is what I ended up paying for my LJ hardtop back in December. The few that did pop up for sale were usually around $1500.

Reactions: Chris
A $1000 is what I ended up paying for my LJ hardtop back in December. The few that did pop up for sale were usually around $1500.

Yep, they are certainly more expensive as they are more uncommon.

There was a rash of LJ hardtops for sale here and in LA last year. I was surprised to see a few good ones going for $600. Maybe it was a scam.

Right now there is a guy 20 miles from me that wants $1300 for his 06 TJ hard top. I'm sure he'll take $800. I don't need one, though.

Edit: He wants $1400, not $1300.

https://ventura.craigslist.org/pts/d/oxnard-jeep-tj-hardtop/7107810100.html

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Chris
I found one for free once, but it was missing the back window, rear wiper, and had a decent crack in the upper corner. The best part was I only had to drive 4 blocks to pick it up! I sold it for a small profit after I got it repaired

So the ones without vents are more desirable? Good to know, mine doesn't have vents and I was thinking of selling it once I get my soft top put on. I definitely want to run the soft top during summer and feel like I can deal with it in winter. And I just don't have any good option for storing the hard top.