Funny mainstream media phrases

The word 'Crisis' get used way too much for something that is nowhere near crisis levels

Reactions: Squatch
I think we can incorporate ESPN with this now, as well. Everyone is "great" or "a genius" or "unbelieveable", etc.

Words do matter, and the watering down of them "greatly" diminishes their true meaning. (See what I did there?)

Reactions: Jed57 and Kiwi TJ
I like how on the news, every single story is "breaking news" or "news alert".

076cba46236d22234b5c29aba81d4328.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Heard another one today that made me roll my eyes.

"Manscaping"

I've come to the realization that if you follow the mainstream media, it's a very bad thing to be a straight, white male.

Reactions: SgtMajor138
Modern history is another one that I keep coming across. Just a spin to turn an event into something much more worse than it already is.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Modern history is another one that I keep coming across. Just a spin to turn an event into something much more worse than it already is.

Bomb Cyclone! While it appears to be a real meteorological term from decades ago, the sudden adoption of it's use in the last 2 weeks by nearly everyone was very odd to me. 15 years ago, it would have been a blizzard. Now we have a sensational buzz word for a very specific type of blizzard that has a similar end result as other kinds of blizzards.

Something similar occurred a few years ago when Twitter and the media discovered Polar Vortex. Now everyone gets to participate in being a weather expert for a few days by using big specific words and emojis, OMG.

Reactions: tworley
Haha, I love that one. They seem to be using it a lot lately.

https://www.popsci.com/bomb-cyclone
From the article...
Instead, 'bomb cyclone' refers to a phenomenon expected to occur as this weather event unfolds. The official term is explosive cyclogenesis, or bombogenesis which—in addition to being my new favorite word—is actually really common

It's common! Let's give a common thing an exciting new name so we can all feel alive again.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
https://www.popsci.com/bomb-cyclone
From the article...

It's common! Let's give a common thing an exciting new name so we can all feel alive again.

Too funny. So basically this is another example of the media coming up with a term to describe something that already has a name. Of course when you use the word "bomb" it definitely demands more attention, and more attention equals more clicks.

How about “claps back”. I keep reading this term in the headlines. It will read something like “Pelosi claps back at Trump over remarks”. Seriously? Are we in high school?

The morons that right these articles, I would love to meet one of them face to face.

Found another one... "blasts".

The headline will read something like "Democrats blast Trump after..."