Utah Future Moab Dates Poll

Moab Dates

• Total voters

Alex01

Waiting on USA revolution shafts since November
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I know all you guys are prepping and or leaving for Moab 2022 and I am bummed I won't be able to partake this year. Instead, I am looking forward to 2023 and looking to book a condo. I like @rasband's idea of keeping this event as consistent as possible so I figured I'd discuss it with you guys before booking any dates. (It'd be a bummer to be a week off)

I’d vote keep it consistent, last week of April annually (unless it crosses with EJS, no thank you there). So 4/23-4/30.

The last week of April starts on Sunday the 30th and goes to May 6th. Without being able to find solid dates on other events that happen during this time I think it would be safe to assume the 29-30th would be the weekend of the car show and sometime during that week would be the bronco fest. Bronco fest typically doesn't bring in a big crowd like EJS and the number of broncos I see on the trail is still lower than jeeps. (2021 was during bronco week) In the past when I've gone, 2019 and 2021, the last WEEKEND of April has always been a solid date range.

So, my question to the people who want to regularly attend is; Does 4-29-2023 to 5-6-2023 sound good for Moab 2023?

The other goal of this post would be so we can nail down the last WEEKEND of April or the last FULL WEEK of April it'd make things a bit smoother in the future.

Personally, I'd vote for the last weekend given it's consistently been a slower week and the weather typically starts getting better closer to May and the dates for departure from EJS and arrival to TJfest could be on the same day making booking places more difficult.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/tj-fest-2022.50592/post-1106621

Last edited:
EJS 2023 is April 1st through the 9th. Early enough it won't interfere with the last week model.
But that's not always the case. This year is 9-17th. 2019 was 13-21st. Last weekend of April in 2019 would have interfered and if we arrived the 20th, saturday, places could have been booked. So yes, ejs wouldn't always interfere but some years it could was my point.

It's a year ahead, I need like 2 weeks notice to take a week off from work so whatever doesn't interfere with too many other events. The bronco week thing last year didn't seem to be an issue at all
I literally didn't see a single bronco, just a bunch of morons in sxs. Though we did get to see the new jeep offerings at a gas station of the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. The driver even let me look around inside.

Last year for TJ Fest there was 5-6 broncos and even one TJ who had joined them over the years was staying at the OKRV. Trail wise I didn’t notice any issues wheeling any of the trails.

Maybe they were just mall crawling the main drag.

Over the past two years the last full week of April is good. If it works why change it.

Not to digress but there is not many TJ in MOab compared to last year.

Maybe a poll should be thrown up to see how many are interested next year.

Reactions: lBasket
Last year for TJ Fest there was 5-6 broncos and even one TJ who had joined them over the years was staying at the OKRV. Trail wise I didn’t notice any issues wheeling any of the trails.

Maybe they were just mall crawling the main drag.

Over the past two years the last full week of April is good. If it works why change it.

Not to digress but there is not many TJ in MOab compared to last year.

Maybe a poll should be thrown up to see how many are interested next year.
We saw the bronco brigade broken down on golden spike last year!

• Haha
Reactions: LarryTJ
What's the verdict? I am pretty flexible - but it might be nice to lock in dates for people that need to plan travel.

The week after EJS seems sensible enough, but could run into snow since next year that ends 4/9 (Easter).

I'm likely going to spend some time in Swing Arm City next year too if anyone wants to join. It's more go fast oriented.

I know all you guys are prepping and or leaving for Moab 2022 and I am bummed I won't be able to partake this year. Instead, I am looking forward to 2023 and looking to book a condo. I like @rasband's idea of keeping this event as consistent as possible so I figured I'd discuss it with you guys before booking any dates. (It'd be a bummer to be a week off)

The last week of April starts on Sunday the 30th and goes to May 6th. Without being able to find solid dates on other events that happen during this time I think it would be safe to assume the 29-30th would be the weekend of the car show and sometime during that week would be the bronco fest. Bronco fest typically doesn't bring in a big crowd like EJS and the number of broncos I see on the trail is still lower than jeeps. (2021 was during bronco week) In the past when I've gone, 2019 and 2021, the last WEEKEND of April has always been a solid date range.

So, my question to the people who want to regularly attend is; Does 4-29-2023 to 5-6-2023 sound good for Moab 2023?

The other goal of this post would be so we can nail down the last WEEKEND of April or the last FULL WEEK of April it'd make things a bit smoother in the future.

Personally, I'd vote for the last weekend given it's consistently been a slower week and the weather typically starts getting better closer to May and the dates for departure from EJS and arrival to TJfest could be on the same day making booking places more difficult.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/tj-fest-2022.50592/post-1106621
I agree with moving more into May for weather purposes, even mid-May. I’ve been thinking about it for awhile. With it a bit warmer it would be nicer for wives and kids and more likely to take the top off with them. A good experience for them is just as important as for us.

For singles, I get it, it doesn’t matter as much.

Hasn't it always (twice) started the weekend after EJS? Why not just follow their schedule and go right after?
@Alex01 and I started the first WranglerTJ Forum Moab trip. From the start the weekend was tied to the car show in Moab.

Reactions: Alex01
I agree with moving more into May for weather purposes, even mid-May. I’ve been thinking about it for awhile. With it a bit warmer it would be nicer for wives and kids and more likely to take the top off with them. A good experience for them is just as important as for us.

For singles, I get it, it doesn’t matter as much.
I wasn’t going to chime in but I agree with this. It’d be nice to have a bit warmer weather than what it was last year. Not that y’all would plan around me but I couldn’t come this year because it fell the week before college final exams. I don’t know when everyone’s local schools get out but it would be easier to bring kids if you didn’t have to pull them from school. Not sure why there was a smaller crowd this year, but I don’t think I could ever get tired of going.

Reactions: Alex01
End of the school year for my kids is the end of may. It would certainly make things easier but it may be getting too hot by then. Looks like the average temps would be 90 or so and on the red rock that may feel even hotter.

I'm thinking I'll book April 30 to May 6th since nobody really seems to care.

I'm thinking I'll book April 30 to May 6th since nobody really seems to care.
Just make a post about TJ Fest 2023 and set the dates, some will make it, some wont, some will complain, some wont. There was a lot of talk about this year and a good number of those folks didn't make it anyway.

I'm good for Apr 30-May 6. I think that extra week later could be positive for the weather. That's about the nicest time of year in Moab. Other good times for small group is late Sept-early Oct. At any rate, I'll be there. Cliffhanger, the Trifecta, and Pritchett are at the top of my list. Kane Creek Canyon also sounds nice.

Reactions: Tob and Alex01
I'm good for Apr 30-May 6. I think that extra week later could be positive for the weather. That's about the nicest time of year in Moab. Other good times for small group is late Sept-early Oct. At any rate, I'll be there. Cliffhanger, the Trifecta, and Pritchett are at the top of my list. Kane Creek Canyon also sounds nice.
Sounds good!!! Ill start a new thread today or tomorrow for 2023. Time to find a condo