Utah Future Moab Dates Poll

Moab Dates

• Total voters
I would say that April is better for me too... Not that I've made one yet. Summers in the Midwest fill up very quickly and it's tough to get away. April seems easier... So my vote, which counts for exactly nothing, is last week of April.

Hey @Chris, when is TJFest 2023 going to happen? And can I get the hat I paid for from the first one? 🤣
You never got the hat? I mailed them out to so many people. If you didn’t actually get one, send me your address and I’ll mail you one from 2021.

This is the issue of design by committee - there's lots of reasons for various dates, everyone has a reason for their dates and not the others. Setting a consistent precedent is what it is, otherwise it's picking favorites. (Why I proposed the timing annually).

Last year I suggested the last week of April consistently because it's an anchor.
That's fair. Makes sense. I can wait until I graduate to attend TJFest. I may take Apparition up on the summer trip before then though - I've been itching to go back since the day I left.

That's fair. Makes sense. I can wait until I graduate to attend TJFest. I may take Apparition up on the summer trip before then though - I've been itching to go back since the day I left.
And to note just because I plan on bringing kids it’ll still be Pritchett, Cliffhanger, Moab Rim, Metal Masher, Steel Bender etc.

Definitely tough to be in college and try and make it to TJFest. It was the week before finals for me this year.

Reactions: lBasket and Tob
Definitely tough to be in college and try and make it to TJFest. It was the week before finals for me this year.
Yeah, same for me. I took a gap year during covid online school last year, so I was able to go. I thought about going this year but it's a full 2 day, 22 hour drive, so a big ordeal for not that long of a stay. Hopefully I will get to wheel somewhere during the two free weeks I have at the end of the summer.

Reactions: Calvin.8
The group I used to go to Moab with did the trip in May. I took my daughter out of school both years. It was special for her because it was her birthday week.
And the weather was almost always better. I think we had one day of rain then.
I'm single and retired so the dates don't matter to me. Of course I hope to make it next year.

The group I used to go to Moab with did the trip in May. I took my daughter out of school both years. It was special for her because it was her birthday week.
And the weather was almost always better. I think we had one day of rain then.
I'm single and retired so the dates don't matter to me. Of course I hope to make it next year.
You better make it.

Stick with end of April into May. Weather is perfect, mostly. If you can't take the kids out of school, plan a June trip for those that can't. TJ Fest 2.0?
I'm going to lie, a trip in June would be easier for me as well since we wouldn't need to have someone watch the teenager. I doubt she'd want to attend but it'd also open up that option. She did surprise me and go on the rubicon though so maybe she would want to go...

I'm going to lie, a trip in June would be easier for me as well since we wouldn't need to have someone watch the teenager. I doubt she'd want to attend but it'd also open up that option. She did surprise me and go on the rubicon though so maybe she would want to go...
Let's try it then. I'm used to 105*+ temps anyway. I'd rather be warm than cold.

Well if those with families want to make a later in the year trip I'm game for that too. My son and his BIL also are planning a trip but I think they aren't planning on going until Oct but I need to check.

I added June as an option. Not that it really matters since it may just be a second trip for some or a choice for others.

@Apparition I'd be game to go with you in June and I'm sure others would be as well.

Reactions: Apparition
I added June as an option. Not that it really matters since it may just be a second trip for some or a choice for others.

@Apparition I'd be game to go with you in June and I'm sure others would be as well.
I’m working on determining which week works. I have a couple issues I have to work around in June.

Reactions: Wildman
I’m working on determining which week works. I have a couple issues I have to work around in June.
Update us when you know. I have a VRBO reserved for the 29-6th but it has a free cancelation so moving it wouldn't be a big deal. It'd be nice though to get some dates set. Most places seem to only show availability a year out so it's even a bit early for the dates I currently have.

Update us when you know. I have a VRBO reserved for the 29-6th but it has a free cancelation so moving it wouldn't be a big deal. It'd be nice though to get some dates set. Most places seem to only show availability a year out so it's even a bit early for the dates I currently have.
I know of a place that has availability week of if you need it. 😉

Looking like I’d start driving on the 9th be ready to wheel the 11th. Could wheel until at least the 15th.

Looking like I’d start driving on the 9th be ready to wheel the 11th. Could wheel until at least the 15th.

And if everything is going as planned, I can be there a few days prior or stay a few days longer if anyone wants to stay for a longer amount of time.

Reactions: Apparition