Utah Future Moab Dates Poll

Moab Dates

• Total voters
I’d much rather see TJFest outside of the school year since we can’t pull our kids out of school for it. I’d like to get the kids involved.

I wouldn’t worry about too hot. 105 degrees in dry Moab is comfortable weather.

This years TJFest was sweatshirts most of the time. I’d prefer 80 degree mornings.

I’d like it to be warmer weather as well. It would be great to have it in June when the kids are out of school. As much fun as us adults have, the kids would love it too and building those friendships.

Reactions: RINC
I’d much rather see TJFest outside of the school year since we can’t pull our kids out of school for it. I’d like to get the kids involved.

I wouldn’t worry about too hot. 105 degrees in dry Moab is comfortable weather.

This years TJFest was sweatshirts most of the time. I’d prefer 80 degree mornings.
I’d like it to be warmer weather as well. It would be great to have it in June when the kids are out of school. As much fun as us adults have, the kids would love it too and building those friendships.
This feels like a double post since it's the same household :ROFLMAO:

When do your kids get out? It would certainly make things easier for us with kids. The last day of school around here is May 26th. I wouldn't be opposed to June. It would be nice not to have the fridged mornings.

When do your kids get out? It would certainly make things easier for us with kids. The last day of school around here is May 26th. I wouldn't be opposed to June. It would be nice not to have the fridged mornings.
My kids gets out 6/8

We have a combined household. So it’s not a double post technically. Just more complicated. Plus the kids need to meet uncle @lBasket 😂

Last edited:

We will be taking the kids next year when they are out of school, assuming I get my new rig finished. I just don’t know if we’d be able to go twice if TJFest ends up during school.

Reactions: Wildman and Alex01
Summer also opens up rafting opportunities. Which rafting in Moab is quite a bit of swimming next to the raft. We did it in July.

But I’d avoid July because even the nights stay hot. June or August are better.

Reactions: Tob
This is the issue of design by committee - there's lots of reasons for various dates, everyone has a reason for their dates and not the others. Setting a consistent precedent is what it is, otherwise it's picking favorites. (Why I proposed the timing annually).

Last year I suggested the last week of April consistently because it's an anchor.

This is the issue of design by committee - there's lots of reasons for various dates, everyone has a reason for their dates and not the others. Setting a consistent precedent is what it is, otherwise it's picking favorites. (Why I proposed the timing annually).

Last year I suggested the last week of April consistently because it's an anchor.
I agree that makes sense for the traditional TJFest.

Good chance I’ll invite anyone who wants to join us for a summer Moab trip.

If you compare the first to the second year in volume, I’m just worried no one will show up in 2023. Which is why we said something. I was surprised at the difference in volume.

I have a feeling more people showed up last year due to Covid.

Reactions: lBasket
I can totally understand that Summer is easier for the points mentioned. And I wouldn't mind slightly warmer for camping (the return trip has been COLD!).

However, looking forward, we'd like to use summer for wheeling in other climates that experience Winter such as MI, CO, MN, PA, and CAN. Moving the Moab trip into summer crowds our schedule too much and forces a decision.

Obviously, there's more people going than just the Tox's. So base the trip around what works as a whole, and not just us.