Gear pattern: a different perspective

I added .010 back to pinion depth. Preload at 16. Gear lash at .007. This looks good to me.

EABE6D18-A3E4-4706-8F22-C960CFC2A167.jpeg

646282A4-684F-4306-8FB2-8F70CBD14D34.jpeg

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Sorry forgot the link

Might be worth doing some googling to find a kit with a combo that works combined with yours

His call i guess on if he wants to just run it or wait on another shim pack?

I like the .006" backlash it pulled the coast contact away from the outside

If I have to run the pattern a touch on the deep side I like to keep the backlash opened up a touch just to be on the safe side of running the gears too tight initially. And it is a front and while we want to set them up as best as possible, we can fudge a smidge without too much worry.

Also remember that really all we are wanting to make sure of the most is the location of the pattern from root to crown and not worry about heel to toe.

On a side note , everything that I got for this ring and pinion and axles I bought from Revolution. I ordered it all directly from their website. When I first made the order , I didn’t get any kind of order confirmation via email. I gave it a day or two and I figured if I didn’t get anything I’d just call. Well , it slipped my mind and lo and behold a week later most of the order just showed up at the house.
Everything was in excellent shape and I figured I was good to go. Once I got the 35 complete and started on the 30 I found out that the outer pinion bearing was incorrect. I sent two emails before I got a response. I explained what the deal was and , the guy told me to send a copy of the invoice that I never received. I sent him a copy of the packing list because , that’s all I had. Well , I still haven’t heard back. I got the correct bearing local so , that was no big deal but , I really would have liked a little more customer service than what I got. I get it to a point. I know that every single company that we deal with at work is in the same boat as we are. Short handed and , can’t find anyone to work. Not a knock on Revolution, just putting it out there.