Goodyear MT/R 35x12.5R15 tires on national backorder

Jerry Bransford

Staff
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Wow, I cannot believe I cannot get a new replacement MT/R or even a good used one. I even contacted Goodyear directly and they said after checking nationwide that Tire Rack has them in stock. So I contacted them and they don't have any either. I ordered anyway after they said they'll likely be receiving more in about a month but they wouldn't guarantee it. Damn.

I work in the aftermarket field for Harley's. Same with most tire brands. Dunlop, Avon, Michelin, and so on are all back-ordered for months and plan on being back-ordered for several more. On my Jeep, I had to settle on General ATX because at the time I couldn't get KO2's.

Gotta wait it out. I have the money saved to upgrade my axles but no parts for it. Sounds like by the time the supply of gears, tyres and such are back up, I'll have a nice chunk of change to upgrade everythang on my Jeep.

I went yesterday to get a matching spare for my Jeep nitto trail grappler and the guy said “I can’t get them, national back order”
Then he said “hang on a sec” and did a little computer wizardry and found one. I felt lucky. Now I gota find a matching wheel. (16” m/t classic lock if you guys have any leads) 😁

last week I had to replace two 22“ Toyo’s on my Yukon Denali and they were on B/O and said it wold be at least a month so I had to to another brand. I am hearing the same about the BFG’s not sue if it is a material thing or a labor thing.
One thing I know for sure our F’ing government needs to stop paying people not to work so they go back to work like the rest of us 🤬

Man I’m glad I did mine when I did, this is true for a lot of 35x12.5s last I saw! A member here posted a screenshot of their nationwide search of all 35x12.5 tires they stock and had maybe 2 coopers or something like that.

:ROFLMAO: That's for 4.

Discount showed $277 each tyre the last time I priced them. They would not show the price on the website till you added them to your cart. Hahaha. Like online car sale adds saying "Call for price"

200.gif

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
goodyear is no where near what they used to be. they have shut down several U.S. plants over the last 15yrs. moving production overseas with new plants in China. Mexico, Brazil and Chile.
cheap labor is nothin when you depend on a 3rd world supply chains to get materials in and products out.

to the best of my knowledge there is only 1 big tire plant here in the U.S. anymore.