Goodyear MT/R 35x12.5x15 discontinued permanently?

Altruism

I've finally worn down my set of MT/R's but I've been unable to find these anywhere. I've seen other topics from a couple years ago about them POTENTIALLY being discontinued by I was wondering if anyone has any update. Now I've got a spare MT/R that's never been used and don't wanna mix and match tire sets.

Goodyear site and indicates they no longer make these tires for 15” wheels. Thankfully my current set has about 3,000 miles on them and will rot long before the tread wears out.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I've finally worn down my set of MTR's but I've been unable to find these anywhere. I've seen other topics from a couple years ago about them POTENTIALLY being discontinued by I was wondering if anyone has any update. Now I've got a spare MTR that's never been used and don't wanna mix and match tire sets.
Yeah it looks like that size is gone forever. I luckily found a replacement for my cut MT/R across the country that my local store trucked in for me. I'd put that spare on the ground and just rotate it around.

Back in November 2022, I was told by several tire shops that the entire MTR line had been discontinued. Goodyear customer service told me the same. They disappeared from the Goodyear website around the same time.

This means I got some of the last ones ever produced and getting all five was a challenge.

Back in November 2022, I was told by several tire shops that the entire MTR line had been discontinued. Goodyear customer service told me the same. They disappeared from the Goodyear website around the same time.

This means I got some of the last ones ever produced and getting all five was a challenge.

Do they have a replacement in the works? It makes sense. I haven't seen a set of those on anything in years.goodyear wants to make money

Glad I bought a set in 2021. It'll be a few years before they need replaced.

Interesting. I guess my prediction in Oct 2021 was correct.

Reactions: Rut Row and jjvw
OK… If they are gone for good, what would you suggest for a guy that needs a 35x12.5x15 tire that behaves as closely as possible to a MTR?

OK… If they are gone for good, what would you suggest for a guy that needs a 35x12.5x15 tire that behaves as closely as possible to a MTR?

be a good sport and the guinea pig for the "replacement"

Wrangler Boulder MT

20231210_010759.jpg

Last edited: