Got hit again!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
Wife's car this time. We were going to the bank, she was driving. "T" intersection; we were stopped in the "upright of the T", going to turn left. Small SUV approaches from our rightt - cuts the corner short turning left onto our street and hits the front of our car. Mild as hits go, no airbag deployment, looks like a new front fascia and hood will fix it, although I think something's tweaked as engine vibrations are transmitted to the body of the car unlike they were before.

I can't tell you how many fucking times I've almost been creamed by these idiots cutting corners on left turns like this - and this time we were!

Pix up later/tomorrow.

They were distracted by your sexy ear rings.

You need a old beat up truck that would laugh at anything short of a M1 tank hitting it.

Sorry to hear this.

Old iron.
20201208_094225.jpg

Riding in my Fiat, you really have to see it
Six feet two in a compact, no slack
But luckily, the seats go back
I got a knack to relax in my mind
Sipping some red, red wine

Its surprisingly large in the front, and drives "bigger than it is". We really like it. Its also amazing how much crap I can stuff into the little hatchback area - its actually easier to load stuff into the Fiat than it is the Jeep!

Reactions: Apparition
Glad you and the wife are ok. All that other shit can be replaced.

I'm just tired of idiots not paying attention! I seem to recall being called a "hyper vigilant driver" by a certain individual here. In my book, its just paying attention to my driving - wish more people would do it...

Reactions: RINC
I'm just tired of idiots not paying attention! I seem to recall being called a "hyper vigilant driver" by a certain individual here. In my book, its just paying attention to my driving - wish more people would do it...

Did I call you that? Might have in a pissy mood.
I'm the same. Distracted and just plain stupid drivers piss me off.
I do have to cop to making my own fair share of mistakes though. A couple that would have been ugly if the other driver hadn't been alert to my stupidity.

Did I call you that? Might have in a pissy mood.
I'm the same. Distracted and just plain stupid drivers piss me off.
I do have to cop to making my own fair share of mistakes though. A couple that would have been ugly if the other driver hadn't been alert to my stupidity.

I don't remember who said it at this point...

But yes, we ALL make dumb mistakes once in a while - at least mine I'm paying attention while I'm being stupid! ;) There's been a time or three where I had to pull over to the side of the road and have a discussion with myself about the stupid thing I just did... The worst one was probably 40 years ago when I made a left turn right in front of a guy. The light was green, but not a green arrow, I saw the guy, looked right at him, and turned anyway! Screeching tires, blaring horn, and a near-miss, thank Goddess. Guy was beyond pissed, and I can't say I blame him. I pulled over for a good 10 minutes to both have a self-discussion as well as to wait for the shakes to dissipate. Complete, utter stupidity on my part! There's been a few others over the years, but that one still stands out.

As much as I'd like to blame this latest one on a smartphone, the other driver didn't have one - he pantomimed (bad English) blindness in his left eye, not sure how "real" that was, etc, etc. Anyway, at least the report faulted him, even though no citation was issued. Now its just "the usual hassle"...

People who take corners short grind my gears. Like they are the only person on the road.
I just don't get it - yet its endemic here. Overall, I think Floridians drive far better than Californians, but they sure as hell don't know how to turn. Cut corners, stop when they don't have to, won't turn right on red, don't know how to turn left at a traffic signal, blah, blah, blah...