H8MUD

Never heard of the Barnes skid plate. Looks like your frame is freshly painted?

Here's a link to the Barnes skidplate That bitch is THICK!

(thicker'n a bowl of oatmeal)
Zmp12Il.gif

And HEAVY....man that sucker has to weigh 60 pounds

Frames incredibly clean....1 owner in cali that shipped it to the east coast 2 yrs before I got it so I didn't have to do much. I DID spray the welds on the sliders, and I cleaned off the surface rust under the stock skidplate then sprayed it, but I haven't painted the frame other than those touchups

Here's a link to the Barnes skidplate That bitch is THICK!

(thicker'n a bowl of oatmeal) View attachment 2442

And HEAVY....man that sucker has to weigh 60 pounds

Frames incredibly clean....1 owner in cali that shipped it to the east coast 2 yrs before I got it so I didn't have to do much. I DID spray the welds on the sliders, and I cleaned off the surface rust under the stock skidplate then sprayed it, but I haven't painted the frame other than those touchups

NICE!

That has to be one of the cleanest frames I've ever seen. It looks like it's brand new! Keep it that way...

Thanks. I'm developing quite a bit of rock rash on the outer rings.

While scratches and imperfections would drive me NUTS on a finish, I'm rather proud of rock rash on the wheels :D

Proves it's not a mall crawler

memefodder.jpg

cover2.jpg

Reactions: Ron505 and Chris
My brother also bought the Barnes 2" skid. Also states that it is heavy as hell and great quality. Hopefully I can do the same later this year.

Nice Wheels....hehehe. Mine are getting some rash too, but i haven't "rocked" it quite as much as you are doing there yet.

Barnes makes QUALITY stuff (at reasonable prices), and he's a cool, knowledgeable guy to talk to ! I've been following his progress for a couple years and bought the 2" skid. BULLETPROOF !!! I'll definitely check with him first on anything ! Worth a look !

Reactions: Chris