H8MUD

Rubber

I'm not hard core enough to utilize Johnny joints ;)

As long as it holds up, that's all that matters!

I'm not hardcore enough to need the JJs either. I just got them because it's what came with the lift... LOL!

As long as it holds up, that's all that matters!

Well that's what sold me...not only are they built for an M1 tank (holy HELL these things are straight up grade A BEEF) but they're guaranteed for life! Even if the rubber craps out...they replace it. And to date they've only warranted ONE set, and that was because the Jeep caught on fire

ironmanarms.JPG

Were your rear sway bar links dicso'd? What did I see there?

Rear sway bar just had extended connectors from the lift

Wow, you'll have to let us know how they hold up for you in the long run.

I supposes they don't have the maximum mis-alignment that something like the Johnny Joint would have, but that won't matter if you're not trying to get all crazy!

Very cool man! I run the Currie springs and the Bilstein 5100s. I was running the same Fox shocks as you are, but I decided I liked the way the Bilsteins road just a little bit more than the Fox shocks.

I liked the way the Bilsteins road just a little bit more than the Fox shocks.

On road? I've heard the Bilsteins are great on the road...likely put those on the tow pig.

I just tested them in a field near the house to see if they performed similar to the JK a buddy of mine has. Following him on trails made my mind up. Watching his rig glide effortlessly over bumps, rocks, dips, while his body stayed flat and level while I was being tossed around like a ragdoll going the same speed right behind him sold me on the fox.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron505
On-road and off-road I prefer the Bilsteins over the Fox shocks. I will admit, a lot of it was negligible when comparing the two, but I felt the Bilsteins rode a little better than the Fox shocks. However, that could all be in my head!

I will also admit that part of me getting rid of my Fox shocks had a little to do with @mrblaine telling me his thoughts on them and how they were made :D

So I got some new "Away" tires and wheels for when I load it up on the trailer and hit the better trails (Harlan, AOP, Golden Mountain, Moab....Yes we're doing Moab in May!!!!!!!)

Still need to upgrade to RCV's and hopefully get that Atlas II soon once the dirtbike sells, before I officially run these...but man what a huge difference they make!

20170122_110417.jpg