And a few Moab pics too
rock2.JPG

20170531_085837.jpg

IMG_2230.JPG

20170601_111809.jpg

20170531_132314.jpg
20170531_143634.jpg

Reactions: CasterTroy
Damn your rig is amazing man. I wanted some new fenders but after seeing yours I'm maybe cutting mine very soon. What kind of blade did you use
Thanks so much! I really appreciate it

I used a sawsall with a fine tooth metal blade for the cut, but I took my time and measured 50 times, cut once (as you saw earlier in the post) After the cut I used a die grinder and a heavy abrasive pad

diegrinder.jpg

Then door piping finished it off. It seems to get a lot of attention from folks who walk up thinking they're some kinda custom fender, only to look closer and realize what I've done. I DO appreciate it when people are fooled thinking they're aftermarket. (little bit of pride knowing I did it myself, ya know?)

That is the cleanest lines I've ever seen cut on TJ flares. I'd pay you to do mine in the future ;), fantastic job!

Thanks so much
I really like your TJ. Is there a lot of hidden cost going with ARB air locker vs e-locker?
No. For me the quote (ECGS) was $1000 more for ARB because of compressor and hose routing. That wasn't the deal breaker. For ME it was that I've spend my entire career (22yrs as a mechanical engineer in HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical construction) rePLACING pneumatic controls with electric for loads of reasons. I've also seen a few rigs with ARB's have issues on the trails; Busted couplings, split lines, failed compressors....etc. ALL things that can be prevented with proper maintenance (and damn I'm an anal bastard so that wouldn't be an issue for ME) but even at Moab, just before going into the Devils Hot tub my buddy Kenneth blew an air line to his front locker (hes there with his hood up)
20170529_115611.jpg

He fixed it, but had he NOT been able to repair that and engage the front locker after getting down IN the hot tub, he would have never made it out (something that was awesome to witness)

Many will argue with me, Jerry and Blaine refuse to recognize me as human because I won't drink the ARB koolaid :crazylick: but it doesn't matter. I prefer an electric locker. YMMV consult Dr. if rash develops, discontinue use if erection lasts longer than 4 hrs.....etc

Is that guy in the background wearing a kilt?

Yes! :llorona:

He was "freeballin' " all damn day on cliffhanger! I felt SO sorry for the guy riding with him, because the wind would catch it and blow it up occasionally

20170601_124657.jpg

Awesome pics! Someday I will check out Moab, just not those trails :D

If you go, Hells Revenge is a MUST. Everything challenging is avoidable, but the main trail can be done in a close-to-stock TJ

other MUST DO's:

Fins and things
Golden Spike
Poison Spyder
Gold Bar Rim

If you're at ALL afraid of heights, or can't take being close to the edge DO NOT do:

Top of the world
Cliffhanger

Because you're gonna be:

Yes...That's ME filming as I'm driving along Cliffhanger

My son, and 2 other passengers in other rigs couldn't take it and had to walk that section

IMG_2587.JPG

IMG_2588.JPG

But it didn't bother me.

Strange, the boy will walk right up to a cliff and dangle his legs over the edge making me nervous as hell

20170601_122315.jpg

But put him in a Jeep 15ft from the edge and he wigs out. :watchout:

I guess your son trusts his setting abilities more than your driving ones. ;)

Yeah I gave him grief about it :cool: and him not trusting dear old dad, especially after my success on Hells Gate :campeon: but he made it clear it was the "sense of no control" in a vehicle that got to him. Actually....it only surfaced on the way BACK thru since the cliff was on HIS side. I offered to let HIM drive and that's when he fessed up to the anxiety. It was kind of funny....one of the guys (35yr old father of 2) REALLY freaked out and started cussing and saying how ridiculous it was that the trail was SO close to the edge....etc. My boy didn't really go all nuts, he just calmly said "I think I'll walk this section" and got out and joined the guy freaking out

Several of the wives would NOT get anywhere near the ledge up at the top though where we had lunch for fear of heights but had no problem IN the Jeeps :confundio1:

You've got some really cool pictures there, moab seems like a place thats got something for everyone. Would be fun to take a vacation there for some off-roading.

No. For me the quote (ECGS) was $1000 more for ARB because of compressor and hose routing. That wasn't the deal breaker. For ME it was that I've spend my entire career (22yrs as a mechanical engineer in HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical construction) rePLACING pneumatic controls with electric for loads of reasons. I've also seen a few rigs with ARB's have issues on the trails; Busted couplings, split lines, failed compressors....etc. ALL things that can be prevented with proper maintenance (and damn I'm an anal bastard so that wouldn't be an issue for ME) but even at Moab, just before going into the Devils Hot tub my buddy Kenneth blew an air line to his front locker (hes there with his hood up)

Thanks for the insight, im researching all i can before i make my decision. Im probably not going to start building my axels and differentials untill next year.

Reactions: CasterTroy
You've got some really cool pictures there, moab seems like a place thats got something for everyone. Would be fun to take a vacation there for some off-roading.
Thanks so much!
I was hell bent on taking MY rig out there.....and that's a once-in-a-lifetime event....but NEXT time :cool: I'll fly out to Salt Lake, rent a econobox to Moab, then rent a rubi for the day and take my lovely Bride out on Hells Revenge. THAT, is totally doable for ANYONE with any level of experience. Those rental rubi's are more capable than most people and will EASILY handle Hells revenge!

Reactions: Goop