Half door locks

Paranoid people afraid to sell the doors with cylinders that have wafers matching their remaining locks?
I reckon- every set it seems is missing them.

I think it's because they use the cylinders in the doors they are replacing the half doors with instead of rekeying them.

I don't lock my doors anyway!!! I would rather someone just open the door instead of cutting my soft top!!!!!

Paranoid people afraid to sell the doors with cylinders that have wafers matching their remaining locks?
Less that and realistically what's the point of a lock on a half door.

One...it might slow people down from taking the doors... because time is the factor you use in evaluating security... how much time it delays someone from stealing something...

Two...slow people down from taking stuff from inside...

Three...I have a hard top I use in the winter...I use the soft top door tops and they mostly fit so come winter I can lock my jeep (more.)

-Mac

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Anyone have a current link for the tumbler kit? I click on the above URL and am routed to Ebays homepage....which leads me to believe its no longer offered. I need to rekey 1997 style half doors. Im thinking this is the best option right now. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1432384844...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
I believe that's the one that has been linked to before. The other option would be reusing the tumblers you already have to rekey it, either lucking out and having most of the right sizes, or grinding some of them down so that they will work with the new key. If you only have some of the right length, you could rekey it with only those tumblers and leave out the rest, of course being less secure but $30 cheaper.

Either way, MountaineerTom's writeup on rekeying lock cylinders is a great resource and explains the process well enough that I'd recommend trying it on your own.

Reactions: kameronkales
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.