Happy Columbus Day

That's funny cause even the Dems used to be Democrats. Remember when they were all against war? Now the President is directly responsible for slaughtering Kurds because he refused to send troops to die. Funny, they didn't feel that way about Bush-41 back in '91

I noticed that as well. That was one of the reasons I wanted to be in the democratic party. I don't like war mongers, like McCain who democrats defended when Trump called him what he was. When hate runs so deep you can't think logically anymore, it is time to exit the party. Feels good be leave for sure.

I noticed that as well. That was one of the reasons I wanted to be in the democratic party. I don't like war mongers, like McCain who democrats defended when Trump called him what he was. When hate runs so deep you can't think logically anymore, it is time to exit the party. Feels good be leave for sure.

I have been a member of the Libertarian party for years. I supported Gary Johnson until his "What is Aleppo" moment. Geez, what a swing and miss!

BTW, if you missed Rand Paul's interview on Hardball last week, hit that up on youtube. He completely pwns the host with the Ukraine aid. That there was a Libertarian stance. Something to the effect of the host asking if the President should be able to withhold aid if a country doesn't investigate opponents, he answered that a country in trillions of dollars in debt should not be borrowing money from China to give away to foreign countries.

Talking smack about a dead person who can't defend himself is the lowest form of scum in my book. All of the whataboutisms is a poor defense.
Do you go to court and say I'm not guilty of speeding because "everyone does it"?
Do you really like the precedent that will/would be set for the future?

I can't stand NPR. Talk about a leftist agenda. They are nuts and so whiny. Nothing is ever good on that channel. I always feel like people are committing suicide left and right because they listen to NPR. Geez, they act like the world ends soon. lol Ah well to each their own.
I honestly think this is why conservative media has become so popular. It feels good to have someone tell you that everything will be ok if you ignore climate change. No one likes to admit that they've been contributing to social inequality, so it feels good to have the people making those claims laughed at and called liars. Pretending that we live in a fair society where hard work is the only factor that contributes to success is comforting.

At it's very core, that's what makes the conservative narrative so appealing: It tells us we're doing just fine and that we don't have to feel bad about doing anything wrong, so it's ok to mock those naysayers and pretend that they're just causing trouble either out of naivete or out of some other selfish desire.

Reactions: jjvw
Isn't NPR actually bankrolled by government funds? Wouldn't that be the definition of state run media?
NPR only gets a small portion from government funds (4% in FY 2017) and is mostly funded by individual donors. This is why there are less ads, but you still have those funding campaigns that go on several times a year:
1571667392436.png

https://www.npr.org/about-npr/178660742/public-radio-finances

Talking smack about a dead person who can't defend himself is the lowest form of scum in my book. All of the whataboutisms is a poor defense.
Do you go to court and say I'm not guilty of speeding because "everyone does it"?
Do you really like the precedent that will/would be set for the future?

I talked about McCain when he was alive. He was no Republican and he voted against ending Obamacare not for his constituents, but because of his vendetta with Trump. I'm not saying that he shouldn't have been pissed at what Trump said, but casting a vote for a personal vendetta is not serving the people.

As for speeding, I would never go to court and say i wasn't guilty because everybody is doing it, but you can bet your britches that I would voice my opinion and fight a police department that was pulling over... hmmmm... say, only Jeeps and letting the sports cars do whatever they want.

I'm all for rules, investigations and laws, but dammit, if you believe something is wrong, it better be wrong for everybody, or else you are a big, fat hypocrite.

I'll throw out another one. They are so pissed that Trump put conversations on private server that congress does not have access to and swear that this is some form of criminal activity. Well, I guess you already know the punchline for this one... 😉 What I havent figured out is where the Dems get the audacity to condemn private servers now?

They set a precedent and now its biting them right in the ass, just like when they changed the senate rules on voting simple majorities. BAM! Kavenaugh

Last edited:
Was a law broken or is there just a disagreement over how the funds were acquired?

Taxation=Theft All government "revenue" is stolen from its citizens and spent without their consent

And I am against any media company that accepts even 5 bucks from from the government (especially one trillions of dollars in debt to foreign countries)

Taxation=Theft

And I am against any media company that accepts even 5 bucks from from the government (especially one trillions of dollars in debt to foreign countries)

Was a law broken?

I understand the sentiment. I am suspicious of subsidies as much as I am suspicious of tax incentives to oil companies and tax exemptions for churches. But to call it theft is a mis-characterization of what it is. I also think it is short sighted to write off the entire entity over one arguably insignificant aspect of their operation. There must be more compelling reasons to like or dislike NPR that is related to the content.

Was a law broken?

I understand the sentiment. But to call it theft is a mis-characterization of what it is. I also think it is short sighted to write off the entire entity over one arguably insignificant aspect of their operation. There must be more compelling reasons to
like or dislike NPR that is related to the content.

I am against theft, whether endorsed or not. Your logic that the government has any more right to dip its hands involuntarily into my pockets than my neighbor does seems a bit strange to me. Of course its not illegal. The government wrote the law making it legal. It has nothing to do with my opinion of NPR. I have just as much disdain for the government theft donated to organizations that I agree with.

I am against theft, whether endorsed or not. Your logic that the government has any more right to dip its hands involuntarily into my pockets than my neighbor does seems a bit strange to me. Of course its not illegal. The government wrote the law making it legal. It has nothing to do with my opinion of NPR. I have just as much disdain for the government theft donated to organizations that I agree with.

All I am saying is that it exists and it is legal.

In common usage, theft is the taking of another person's property or services without that person's permission or consent with the intent to deprive the rightful owner of it.

Sure sounds like taxation to me. Again, it is legal because the government made it legal. There are many things that are totally legal yet still wrong.

Sure sounds like taxation to me. Again, it is legal because the government made it legal. There are many things that are totally legal yet still wrong.

I don't disagree. I'll repost my edit from above-

I am suspicious of subsidies as much as I am suspicious of tax incentives to oil companies and tax exemptions for churches.

Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is right.

I am suspicious of subsidies as much as I am suspicious of tax incentives to oil companies and tax exemptions for churches.

That's the Libertarian spirit! I am totally against subsidies (government theft) to Oil companies that make billions in PROFIT every quarter even though I have been working directly for them for the last 20 years. If you are truly against something, you have to speak out even when it currently benefits you or your pocket book.

Reactions: jjvw
Taxation=Theft All government "revenue" is stolen from its citizens and spent without their consent

Well, you could always renounce your citizenship and go live on a house boat or find some island somewhere if you really equate taxation to theft.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy driving on roads or going off road in protected parks, being protected by police, firemen, etc. and enjoying many of the other perks that allow me to keep living because of what my tax dollars make possible.

P.s. you do have a voice on your tax dollars based on who you vote for and how you communicate with your elected representative.

1571669702381.png

Well, you could always renounce your citizenship and go live on a house boat or find some island somewhere if you really equate taxation to theft.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy driving on roads or going off road in protected parks, being protected by police, firemen, etc. and enjoying many of the other perks that allow me to keep living because of what my tax dollars make possible.

Hmmm. A quick google search shows that roads and police forces existed before federal income taxation. Whats more, is that they existed on the mainland of the US and not some island somewhere.

Hmmm. A quick google search shows that roads and police forces existed before federal taxation. Whats more, is that they existed on the mainland of the US and not some island somewhere.
I'm not exactly sure what you are searching for in this Google search, but I highlighted a key word in there for ya.

I didn't say anything about federal government vs state government. Are you saying that theft only comes from taxes if it's from the federal level?

That's the Libertarian spirit! I am totally against subsidies (government theft) to Oil companies that make billions in PROFIT every quarter even though I have been working directly for them for the last 20 years. If you are truly against something, you have to speak out even when it currently benefits you or your pocket book.

To frame my thinking about a matter, I try to begin from a libertarian standpoint. I agree with it wholeheartedly. I also believe that ship sailed a long time ago. We don't live in that world anymore.