Happy Columbus Day

Fox News is the closest thing we have to state run media. For a little perspective, some of these guys should give Democracy Now an occasional listen.

MSNBC is way worse. They don't even have reporters. They only have pundants.

Tell me about this democracy now. I'm down for a listen

Then Fox hired that Donna Brazil character that tried to rig the Dem debate for Hillary.

Tucker Carlson is pretty good, but a little too animated. If he would laugh less, I think he would be about as good as it gets

MSNBC is way worse. They don't even have reporters. They only have pundants.

Tell me about this democracy now. I'm down for a listen

You'll find it in larger cities. It isn't my go to, but given my work environment I get to listen on occasion.
https://www.democracynow.org/
Regardless of whether or not you like what you hear, I think most would agree that it is level headed left. Far less exciting than MSNBC.

Isn't NPR actually bankrolled by government funds? Wouldn't that be the definition of state run media?

Not directly and that amount is miniscule. They certainly don't have the President influencing their coverage.

Not directly and that amount is miniscule. They certainly don't have the President influencing their coverage.

Understood, but as a student of history, you must be able to understand my stance that whether directly or indirectly, $1 of government funds to any media outlet is too much. You can shoot me figures about how they all do, but I will just condemn every one of them.

Reactions: Tomcat
You'll find it in larger cities. It isn't my go to, but given my work environment I get to listen on occasion.
https://www.democracynow.org/
Regardless of whether or not you like what you hear, I think most would agree that it is level headed left. Far less exciting than MSNBC.

I will give it a listen. Might shoot you a PM after with my opinion. I promise it will be worth every penny you pay for it and I offer a 100% refund if you aren't satisfied 😂

Reactions: jjvw
Understood, but as a student of history, you must be able to understand my stance that whether directly or indirectly, $1 of government funds to any media outlet is too much. You can shoot me figures about how they all do, but I will just condemn every one of them.

You're not a PBS fan either, then. :)

Oh, you guys. Ain't my first rodeo, so here goes...

I am a fan of some of it. But financially, I would never advise anyone trillions of dollars in debt to donate any of their paycheck to charitable organizations. I would advise them to stop taking out loans to donate to charity until they at least start deminishing their debt, not increasing it. Fair enough?

I know that I became a successful contributing member of society without PBSs influence. Maybe they should accept charity from people who have positive net worth to support the arts.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against the arts and think more Americans should make themselves familiar with them

Reactions: reddvltj
The libertarian part of me agrees with the concern over the source of funding. At the risk of defending it, at least it is transparent. The manipulation of conservative media by people the like the Koch brothers is far more troubling to me than the single digit percentage of NPR's budget that is indirectly funded through government grants.

The libertarian part of me agrees with the concern over the source of funding. At the risk of defending it, at least it is transparent. The manipulation of conservative media by people the like the Koch brothers is far more troubling to me than the single digit percentage of NPR's budget that is indirectly funded through government grants.

Agreed. Do you think the Koch brothers are fans of the President?

And also of note, every bit of that "funding" was stolen from the American taxpayer. Theft is wrong, regardless of transparency. At least the Koch brothers funding was made in the free market. Just sayin

What I'm getting at is if they don't support the President, but support Fox, why do they do that if Fox is the mouthpiece of the President?

Provocative

Agreed. Do you think the Koch brothers are fans of the President?

One might roll in his grave a bit if trump gets re-elected. I'm aware the Koch brothers do not support Trump. FWiW, Trump isn't a conservative (whatever that means these days).

And also of note, every bit of that "funding" was stolen from the American taxpayer. At least the Koch brothers funding was made in the free market. Just sayin

Everything is compromised.

What I'm getting at is if they don't support the President, but support Fox, why do they do that if Fox is the mouthpiece of the President?

Provocative

Maybe some day Shep Smith will be able to talk freely about why he left.

Reactions: Imapepper
Fox News is the closest thing we have to state run media.

laughable

For a little perspective, some of these guys should give Democracy Now an occasional listen.

Far left perspective? Hard pass.

"progressive" and level headed do not belong in the same sentence

An exorbitant salary combined with terrible ratings?

First off, Trump will be re-elected. The Democrats are making sure of that. They will put Biden or Warren up (while Tulsi may be their best bet, but Hillary claims she is a Russian mole) and they will lose.

Secondly, Shep left cause he is a flaming liberal and the Trump derangement syndrome just ate away at him until he broke.

Trump is not a conservative, but neither was Bush or his dad for that matter. Clinton (Bill) would make both of them look like liberals. Trump was a Democrat that saw a fraction of the country that was pissed (just like Rodger ailes) and catered to them. That part of the country was so pissed that they would vote for a frosted turd over the available options, and along came a frosted turd. Donald started his campaign as a joke, and only when he gained such a following did someone tell him that this might work. He is a clown, Obama is a clown, both Bushes were clowns. It just so happened that some people, me included, like our clown shows funny. And say what u want, that bastard is funny (he killed it on SNL.)

Washington led us here with the two party system and we will not prosper under it. If it takes a Trump to destroy the system, some of the country is willing to take that punch in the nuts. They have been getting punched in the nuts by the system for years anyway

Last edited:
"progressive" and level headed do not belong in the same sentanve

Not all Dems are progressive. Have a look at Tulsi Gabbard. She roasted every person on the stage at that last debate. I'll take a hard pass on a rusty frame, but I will always listen to the other side. That's how I get all my ammo to destroy them. 😁