Happy New Year, any interesting 2019 TJ plans?

Westtown Willy

TJ dummy
Supporting Member
Happy New Year all, was wondering what plans others have for their TJ in 2019 – what are you throwing money at and/or planning on doing with yours this year?

Not much here in the way of modifications, just regular maintenance but as for usage I’m planning on driving it more on the street & less on the trails. Also looking to branch out & hit some new parks I haven’t been to before, just seeking more all around balance.

Front axle build, shocks and mounts all around, and hopefully corner armor and flares

*1541H axle shafts going into Dana 35 in rear.
*Chromoly 4340 axle shafts going into Dana 30 in front.
*Replacing existing 4.5" coils in front (got some minor "drupe" due to my 80,000lb front bumper).
*Adding SYE, to eliminate TC drop.

All the above, compliments of "JMT's Jeep Ju-Ju & Java" (Jeep Garage & Coffee Shop, here in Tejas):)

The owner ( @JMT ) is contemplating a move out of state. Area Jeepers however have conspired to keep him so busy with mod business, that he throw's in the towel and says, "Dag nabbit! I reckon I'll just stay put here in Texas!"

Reactions: KCsTJ and b0xcar
I’m planning on doing the drive shaft u joints this spring. Also, got some Bartact seat covers and seat heaters for Christmas so they’ll be going in soon.

Buying A tj soon and have a list of items for it. 3 inch lift, 1 inch body lift, 33 inch tires. tran case lowering, 1 inch engine lift? custom bumpers, rockliders, interior and engine upgrades, Etc,etc,etc. Cant wait

Reactions: 2006TJ1
Toying with the idea of flat towing the Jeep behind motorhome (now trailered) on some non wheeling trips.
For that I will get another set of wheels and drop down to 33x10.5 AT tires. It will also save wear the 35" MTRs.

My new year plans include installing the supercharger and ARH long tube headers, getting it all dyno tuned, and also getting @pcoplin (once he's done with his new shop) to fix my rear outboard shock mounts.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel here, I'm very close to being done with all the big stuff!

Moab in April, racing to get a lot of work done before then but mostly going on track.

Slowing down the build after Moab, but hoping to outboard late 2019.

Moab in April, racing to get a lot of work done before then but mostly going on track.

Slowing down the build after Moab, but hoping to outboard late 2019.

Maybe one day you'll have your control arms... and I'll have my bumpers and skid plate :rolleyes:

Reactions: tomtaylz
15" wheels, new 33s, begin fender and wheel opening work to make room for 35s, rear center strap, raise side body mounts, minor skid improvements, sliders, longer front shocks...

Happy New Year TJ brothers.
My goals will be more activity here with support. My knowledge is getting better but I'm better as a supporting actor. More trips to the beach with my grandson and to get Chris to give me a loan!

Thanks Chris for all you do for us to be able to moan and groan together.

Reactions: Baird
I’ve never liked the stock rear bumper so after 8 years I’m finally going to get a different one. I’ll just do regular maintenance, want to change all belts and hoses.

My 2019 TJ Plans:
-Installing the new radio I received for Christmas
-Installing the Zone suspension sitting on my office floor
-finding some new local Jeep trails
-finally installing my CB
-Cleaning the underside of the Jeep and coating the inside of the frame
-Driving said Jeep Trails
-maybe get the AC fixed (hopefully just a recharge needed)
-work on parting out an 01 I have to pay for the above plus other Jeep needs

Happy New Year

relocating from NJ to AZ, bringing the YJ and the TJ with me..where the TJ will get it's stroker kit installed
Fair warning....... Any comments like this isn't how its done in NJ will win you a plane ticket home.:pancarta::pancarta::pancarta:

But when you get here and if you need any information about good places to go shoot me a message or @ac_

Should have gears and lockers hopefully early this year but in all honesty just hoping to stop working nights and weekends so I can just use it. Happy new year all!

Maybe one day you'll have your control arms... and I'll have my bumpers and skid plate :rolleyes:

How long ago did you order your skid kit? Mine shipped a week after I ordered but that was back in September. Did your Genright rear bumper ship? I still haven't seen or heard anything about mine from the shop. Don't know if they have it now that I think about it.

My goals for 2019 are to pick up the damn Jeep from the shop and then take a break for a while. With that said I'm hoping to have beadlocks and Currie steering before the fall...

Reactions: tomtaylz