Hard to Find - Slip Yoke Kit Output seal

Jeepster97TJ

I have a 1997 TJ with a Currie Enterprises Transfer Case Conversion Kit CE-9069T and what seems to be a Rubicon Express yoke adapter and driveshaft (RE1807). I am not the original owner so I am digging all around trying to find a rear seal for the Tail end of my transfer case. I am not sure the seal I removed and am holding is the original kit seal. I thought mine was a RE Hack-N-Tap at first, but when you look closer at the shaft it is machined not drilled and tapped by hand. So I dug around and found the Currie kit that looks exactly like my setup. I just cannot find the replacement seal. When I look at the auto parts stores and part specs they do not line up to the measurements I am getting with my calipers.

Here are the measurements:
Outer Diameter: 2.568"/65.2 mm
Inner Seal Diameter/Shaft Outer Diameter: 1.69"/43 mm
Thickness Outside: .475"/12 mm

If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Another member posted something about a very similar setup last year, but got very little
response.

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 1.19.19 AM.png

ht_sye_combo.jpg

IMG_0638.jpeg

IMG_0632.jpeg

IMG_0643.jpeg

IMG_0642.jpeg

I have a 1997 TJ with a Currie Enterprises Transfer Case Conversion Kit CE-9069T and what seems to be a Rubicon Express yoke adapter and driveshaft (RE1807). I am not the original owner so I am digging all around trying to find a rear seal for the Tail end of my transfer case. I am not sure the seal I removed and am holding is the original kit seal. I thought mine was a RE Hack-N-Tap at first, but when you look closer at the shaft it is machined not drilled and tapped by hand. So I dug around and found the Currie kit that looks exactly like my setup. I just cannot find the replacement seal. When I look at the auto parts stores and part specs they do not line up to the measurements I am getting with my calipers.

Here are the measurements:
Outer Diameter: 2.568"/65.2 mm
Inner Seal Diameter/Shaft Outer Diameter: 1.69"/43 mm
Thickness Outside: .475"/12 mm

If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Another member posted something about a very similar setup last year, but got very little
response.

View attachment 515398

View attachment 515399

View attachment 515400

View attachment 515401

View attachment 515402

View attachment 515403

https://www.skfextranet.com/crsealsfinder/

Pretty sure that @Shawn at Tom Wood's sold those kits as well and might be able to help.

We did, but we used slightly different parts than Currie. The seal we used was a 8695S. But the OD on this was slightly larger, 2.690". To make this work we would machine the housing to fit the different seal. All of this was so long ago that I barely even remember what we used to do and don't remember/know exactly how Currie was doing it back then.

Reactions: Blackjack
On a related note, the socket flange on the drive shaft that fits this transfer case output flange is a bit of a special thing nowadays. It is an old design ford flange that was adopted as an aftermarket part, it used to be really common. However, a couple years ago, Spicer decided to raise the price of this part to a ridiculously high price. The part number is 211229X. Online sellers are selling it for $320 to as much as $500! I won't tell you what wholesale is but I'll tell you that the places selling it for $320 are barely making any money. I am pretty sure there's some backroom agreements between Spicer and Ford to make Ford parts either super expensive or exclusive to Ford. Similar flanges for different applications are less than $100. Anyway, spending over $300 to replace one part on a $400 drive shaft is not something most people want to do. If anyone needs to replace one of these socket flanges get a Neapco brand, part number N2-83-388X or get one from us https://4xshaft.com/products/spicer-211229x-replacement-socket-flange?_pos=1&_sid=0ccbc0a58&_ss=r

On a related note, the socket flange on the drive shaft that fits this transfer case output flange is a bit of a special thing nowadays. It is an old design ford flange that was adopted as an aftermarket part, it used to be really common. However, a couple years ago, Spicer decided to raise the price of this part to a ridiculously high price. The part number is 211229X. Online sellers are selling it for $320 to as much as $500! I won't tell you what wholesale is but I'll tell you that the places selling it for $320 are barely making any money. I am pretty sure there's some backroom agreements between Spicer and Ford to make Ford parts either super expensive or exclusive to Ford. Similar flanges for different applications are less than $100. Anyway, spending over $300 to replace one part on a $400 drive shaft is not something most people want to do. If anyone needs to replace one of these socket flanges get a Neapco brand, part number N2-83-388X or get one from us https://4xshaft.com/products/spicer-211229x-replacement-socket-flange?_pos=1&_sid=0ccbc0a58&_ss=r

Yeah I could not believe that when I had a whack and tap shaft in for service a year ago. That is completely out of hand and Spicer knows it.

Well I have bought four different seals shooting in the dark so I have been doing more research. What I end up doing is measuring the output bore and the shaft outer diameter. 43x65x12 is what I came up with and I had to special order a seal, should have it in a couple days.

It seems to be a combination of different kits. I think the original owner was definitely going for a for a tummy tuck. With a high clearance plate, removing the cat and using a straight section of pipe and pushing the muffler farther back to clear the skid.

I am just glad I was able to find a seal and get my case sealed back up. I thought pulling a seal and putting some fresh fluid in would be easy. Turned into a huge learning experience.