Hawk Pride 3-5-22 (trying to find traction)

gasiorv

I'm a new world samurai, and a redneck nonetheless
Supporting Member
I met Jeff (@NashvilleTJ ) and Brian (@Brianj5600 ) along with one of Jeff's friends in a stretched YJ at Hawk Pride on 3/5/22 for quick day trip. at Hawk Pride ORV park in Tuscumbia, AL. Two weeks prior the area got a lot of rain, but the week leading up to our trip it was warm and sunny so I was hoping for some dry trails. When we started down first thing in the morning, the access roads were pretty much bone dry so I was stoked for some dry rocks; however, once we hit the first trail we found that there was mud holes filled with slick Alabama clay inner laced and right before most of the rock obstacles which resulted in nil traction. I think I pulled my winch cable more on this trip than any other trip in the past, once it was just to get up a rutted out mud hill with no rocks just super deep ruts. Still had a great day and got in a good bit of wheeling, even with it taking us a little longer to get through a few of the obstacles.

Video of Jeff showing everyone how to use the "Tennessee bump" to get through rocks covered in Alabama clay. Jeff dominated in that LJ all day and it was fun to watch.

Brian in his TJ on 35's getting it done all day.

Trails we ran at Hawk Pride (does not include EZ trails and access roads used to connect):

Ghost Rider
Jester
Lucky's (down)
Dollar Bills
Boulderdash (top)
Timber Rattler
Fatty's (only trail with any traction all day!)
Cherokee
Treestand
Brokefoot Lower
Brokefoot middle
Brokefoot upper (RHS) (I attempted and backed down, Jeff and Chris sent it)
Backdoor
Waterfall
Ol' No 21
Western DiamondBack

Trails we ran at Hawk Pride (does not include EZ trails and access roads used to connect):

Ghost Rider
Jester
Lucky's (down)
Dollar Bills
Boulderdash (top)
Timber Rattler
Fatty's (only trail with any traction all day!)
Cherokee
Treestand
Brokefoot Lower
Brokefoot middle
Brokefoot upper (RHS) (I attempted and backed down, Jeff and Chris sent it)
Backdoor
Waterfall
Ol' No 21
Western DiamondBack
Dude, your memory for trails has always astounded me. I’m just happy that I remember we wheeled Hawk Pride. Beyond that…

Reactions: gasiorv
We got to get you all over the Hot Springs. I think you will like it. My current Nemesis at Hot Springs is the hard line at the top of Ingrid's Revenge. I have spotted a few rigs through it but can never get it myself (I need one more inch of clearance!). I think you would enjoy it!

The last group I went to Hawk Pride didn't do half that many trails. There were too many people for one group. I don't know what the ideal size is, but it isn't 10.

I have more armor coming. Once installed I'll try to stay off the chicken road.

Last edited:
Reactions: NashvilleTJ
We got to get you all over the Hot Springs. I think you will like it. My current Nemesis at Hot Springs is the hard line at the top of Ingrid's Revenge. I have spotted a few rigs through it but can never get it myself (I need one more inch of clearance!). I think you would enjoy it!
We gotta get you guys over to AOP!

Reactions: gasiorv