Headlights...

J

Jeff Begrer

I know the stock 7" round sealed beams are inadequate. What I didn't expect is that the very bad imported sealed beams available in the US these days are 100 times worse. The light is so scattered and unfocused that adjusting them is almost impossible, or at least pointless. I assume that one can still buy a known brand that would work better. Recently I bought H4 conversions, again the cheapest I could find. They were horrible. (When I was younger I bought Hella H4 conversions and they were amazing.) I then ordered new adjusting buckets because the old ones were frozen. The new buckets came with sealed beams so I left them in for now. The light pattern is like a disco ball. It's because of the reflector and the lens being haphazardly designed. I've since ordered LED replacements based on recommendations on this forum. I'll report my experience with those when I can.
Thanks to the forum for all the great information.

Reactions: Chris
Which lights did you end up going with Jeff?

I run the Truck Lite LED headlights personally and absolutely love them. The light output is crisp and clean. Hard to argue with a lightning company that is not only made in the USA, but also used on numerous military vehicles deployed in Afghanistan and and Iraq!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I just bought a pair of Nightsun LED's because they were cheap, 75watt $ 229.00 . And bought Trucklights for my wife's new JK because they were on sale $399.00. We both are getting harder too see at night.

I bought something similar to the Nightsuns. They look like the Trucklight Phase7s. The user reviews were very good. They look like the ones in the red Jeep in Saskatchewan's pics. I will let you know how they look once I can get them installed. I've had a good experience with the Trucklight phase 6 in my Harley. I hope this wasn't another lesson about saving money on cheaper imported parts...