Help me pick out my next gun

5.56 does not usually over penetrate the round deflects and and goes sideways through the back wall.

Plus, subsonic rounds in a suppressed 300 blackout leave a significant advantage over a shotgun.

I wont push back too hard on the 5.56 not over penetrating,... but i was trained that drywall is concealment only.. not cover.

And if you need special mods and ammo to make sure it doesnt overpenetrate... then that complicates it.

For $500 bucks... he can have a reliable, easy point and blast home defense weapon.

Edit: 5.56 leaves the barrel at twice the velocity as a shell. I definetly would be concerned about overpenetration.

That would lead to hesitation.. which is not good in that situation.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I wont push back too hard on the 5.56 not over penetrating,... but i was trained that drywall is concealment only.. not cover.

And if you need special mods and ammo to make sure it doesnt overpenetrate... then that complicates it.

For $500 bucks... he can have a reliable, easy point and blast home defense weapon.
Ha $500 just barely covers the tax stamps for the ideal home defense gun

That’s one of my big out packages. I have a couple Gen 4 Glock 20‘s and a MEC Tec carbine. I get the ammo cost but, 10 mm puts a smile on my face every time. I imagine it’s like shooting a laser. Seems to be on target at any range.

Great, now I miss it even more & I'm going to have to go get another.

Reactions: Rick Flair
😂

I feel like I walked into the Wal-Mart gun section.

F3938282-AEF8-4C36-BCDA-FE3CC87D33F4.jpeg

Well hell now I need a gun for two types of intruders, this was from 8:30 am today sealing garbage and then looking in the bathroom window.

View attachment 169909

View attachment 169910
Thats a funny looking dog.

Remington 870.. buck or slug will put that critter down.

Remington 870 buck or slug will ensure a closed casket funeral for your human intruder.

If you want to get a .380 auto I just picked up 600 rounds that I'll make you a deal on. I got high on muscle relaxers a couple of weeks ago after knee surgery and decided I needed to resupply, accidentally ordered .380 instead of .38 S&W.
How much?

That .460 goes perfect with my bolt action 325 WSM....I’m ready for Alaska!
I really cannot call a 325 WSM a magnum, now a .338 WM shooting a 200 gr spitzer at 2900fpm or 300gr nosler at 2300 will take down anything on earth...

I spend 20-30 hours a month volunteering at my local range, the worst guns are the short barrel AR's, louder than my .338 wm...with a brake. Those guys have a big hard on for their shit and are really just annoying, if you need a muzzle brake on an AR, maybe you need to get a 10/22...

Double hearing protection is great when you can prepare for it, home defense not so much time to put in ear plugs or even put on muffs. We have a sims range and LE shoot at our range, so I get to see the entire gambit every week. There is nothing like some woman dropping her nice new walmart savage .243 off the bench and having it pointed squarely at your chest or a newbie holding his pistol and pointing it across the lanes where people are standing.

I prefer a nice 1911 with some nice wad cutters for home defense or a shotgun, and practice, practice practice. I am lucky that I can volunteer at a range and also get to provide pointers to new shooters. It is nice when they come back and you ask them if my advice helped and they say it helped and they like to come back.

I really cannot call a 325 WSM a magnum, now a .338 WM shooting a 200 gr spitzer at 2900fpm or 300gr nosler at 2300 will take down anything on earth...

I spend 20-30 hours a month volunteering at my local range, the worst guns are the short barrel AR's, louder than my .338 wm...with a brake. Those guys have a big hard on for their shit and are really just annoying, if you need a muzzle brake on an AR, maybe you need to get a 10/22...

Double hearing protection is great when you can prepare for it, home defense not so much time to put in ear plugs or even put on muffs. We have a sims range and LE shoot at our range, so I get to see the entire gambit every week. There is nothing like some woman dropping her nice new walmart savage .243 off the bench and having it pointed squarely at your chest or a newbie holding his pistol and pointing it across the lanes where people are standing.

I prefer a nice 1911 with some nice wad cutters for home defense or a shotgun, and practice, practice practice. I am lucky that I can volunteer at a range and also get to provide pointers to new shooters. It is nice when they come back and you ask them if my advice helped and they say it helped and they like to come back.

I have always considered anything with a 8mm 200 grain Nosler, loaded with 73 grains of RL19, pushing at 3153 FPS a magnum. I don’t feel under gunned with it.

it’s not the end all caliber and has been dead for a few years like most off ball wildcats, but I’ll take 300 wm speed pushing 8mm bullets in a nice short action any day. 👍

Get the Taurus Raging Judge.
Load 1st round with .410 ball and chain round to entangle intruder
Load 2nd round with .410 flash bang to disorientate
Load 3rd round with .410 flechette 1" darts and point in the general direction
Load 4th round with .410- 00 to put them out of their misery
Load 5th round with .410 dragon's breath to burn your house down and eliminate all evidence
Yup, first 2 rounds 410, 00 buck, then 45 LC.

20200622_221554.jpg

Reactions: jhetcel23TJ