Help me to prioritize upgrades

Francesco.com

Jeep TJ.jpg

Hi everyone!
I bought my 99 4.0 TJ stock last July.
Since then she had: a major service (fluids, spark plugs etc...), body lift, new fenders, 33x12.50 R15 tires, replaced shocks with oldman emu, front sway bar disconnects, rear sway bar removed, new steering column (because the driver side airbag was broken and the steering wheel didn't come-off so we had to cut it) and a new softop and soft half doors.
Wheels are steel and the tire shop told me that tires are too unbalanced to be compensated (like 200 grams) . Drivetrain and axles are stock Dana 30 and 35.
The TJ is my weekend car and (by now) I'm just doing dirt roads.

Help me decide the order of the next interventions. My idea is:
1) New alloy wheels in order to improve ride quality in motorway
2) Regear to 4.56 cause it's waaaaaaaaaaay too long, barely driveable on mountain roads
3) 30 splines axles
4) rear locker
5) 3" Lift kit

What do you think? Would you proceed in the same order?
Do you think that 2), 3) and 4) would make sense only together?

Thank you in advance!

You definitely want to upgrade your 35 for a locker. I went with the revaluation and detroit auto locker. I would want my rear sway back on.
What gears do you have know? I assume you dont have an automatic transmission.

You definitely want to upgrade your 35 for a locker. I went with the revaluation and detroit auto locker. I would want my rear sway back on.
What gears do you have know? I assume you dont have an automatic transmission.
You're right, it's a manual and I believe it's 3.07 as it's suuuuuuuuuuuuper long with 33s

Brakes and lockers would make the bigest difference. I doubt wheels would make that much difference in the ride unless yours are damaged.

Disconnect the front and try it. Carefully, it will driver very differentLy.
Then with the front disconnected, reconnect the rear and try it, se how it feels.
Yes, I've already tried to drive completely disconnected. I disconnect when arrive to the mountain home on Saturday morning and reconnect on Sunday evening when I drive back to the city. It's not that bad... I mean I drive slowly, it's not a sport car. Do you believe off road drive quality would improve with rear sway bar back on?

.... Do you believe off road drive quality would improve with rear sway bar back on?
Yes. I run a front sway bar that is stiffer than stock and the stock rear. My intention is to put a stiffer rear on sometime soon.

That, plus a few other things, are why mine does handle more like a sports car.

Last edited:
Yes, I've already tried to drive completely disconnected. I disconnect when arrive to the mountain home on Saturday morning and reconnect on Sunday evening when I drive back to the city. It's not that bad... I mean I drive slowly, it's not a sport car. Do you believe off road drive quality would improve with rear sway bar back on?
It depends on what “off road” is for you.
Sway bars add body roll stability