Help me to prioritize upgrades

I live in Torino, in the north west of Italy. I manly drive on dirt roads in the mountains, sometime very bumpy, but nothing extreme. I mean no rock crawling. These are examples of what I would rate as very bad roads
026FD6E9-F0A8-4ED1-9FA1-DAB20A861BC9.jpeg

9124AF57-ABA6-43EB-83D3-3E47B7CBA8CE.jpeg

Curious, My good business friend Christian lives in Torino too. Great People there.

I will prioritize this way, 2, 3, and 4. They will be at the same time of course.

Please, check this post out; https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/help-me-understand-the-super-35-kit.12183/
The firsts posts are very Super 35 informative.

Trails like this on your pictures are what we call the main loop or trailhead in my area. They are fun and sometimes we can speed up to get to the main trails we like to do.

That been said, a Super 35 kit with a Detroit locker and Chromoly or heat-treated shafts will suffice well and get you beyond when required. It will also be good for street driving. I do not bandwagon on brands, so will advise looking for a kit that has all or a kit that allows you to select the components you prefer.

For 33's regear with 4.88 and called the day.

On the rear sway bar, I personally run just the rear and do not let the shocks do all that work.

Good Luck!

Curious, My good business friend Christian lives in Torino too. Great People there.
Torino really? That's cool!
If he is a fellow jeeper he must have told you how difficult is upgrading jeeps (any wehicle actually) in Italy... No engine swap, no wheel upgrades, no which, no change of the track etc etc Everything is super complicated as you need the clearance from the transport authority, which basically always denies any change non-OEM approved. And Jeep doesn't approve anything for the TJ. Not to mention the price tag of the new jeep. As an example the optional color for a JLU here is 1.000€ while on the Jeep american website it's 245$.

Anyway I'll go with 4.88.
Do you think I can avoid upgrading the front axle?

Torino really? That's cool!
If he is a fellow jeeper he must have told you how difficult is upgrading jeeps (any wehicle actually) in Italy... No engine swap, no wheel upgrades, no which, no change of the track etc etc Everything is super complicated as you need the clearance from the transport authority, which basically always denies any change non-OEM approved. And Jeep doesn't approve anything for the TJ. Not to mention the price tag of the new jeep. As an example the optional color for a JLU here is 1.000€ while on the Jeep american website it's 245$.

Anyway I'll go with 4.88.
Do you think I can avoid upgrading the front axle?
Yes, the company name is CM, has a division CM-Torino and the other CM-Thecnology that is the one I deal with them.
He is not a Jeeper but has tell me all the craziness about it in Italy.

I think you can easily avoid upgrade the front axle. I have run the Dana 30 with 4.88 and a torqmaster locker for years with no issue and i do pretty extreme stuff plus is the jeep that we use the most on the road.

@jjvw @Jorge Bolivar
I mounted the rear sway bar back in and I like the jeep a lot more! As expected road driveability improved a lot, but surprisingly (to me, of course) also the behaviour in off road is better in comparison to no sway bar front and rear . I mean, I cannot say the Tj is more comfortable, but I like it more.

Thank you for the suggestion!!

Reactions: jjvw and Vasq
@jjvw @Jorge Bolivar
I mounted the rear sway bar back in and I like the jeep a lot more! As expected road driveability improved a lot, but surprisingly (to me, of course) also the behaviour in off road is better in comparison to no sway bar front and rear . I mean, I cannot say the Tj is more comfortable, but I like it more.

Thank you for the suggestion!!
Good work. I like a well controlled Jeep too!

Yes. I run a front sway bar that is stiffer than stock and the stock rear. My intention is to put a stiffer rear on sometime soon.

That, plus a few other things, are why mine does handle more like a sports car.
I like the sound of that. Which brand did you go with for the front?

View attachment 241995

Hi everyone!
I bought my 99 4.0 TJ stock last July.
Since then she had: a major service (fluids, spark plugs etc...), body lift, new fenders, 33x12.50 R15 tires, replaced shocks with oldman emu, front sway bar disconnects, rear sway bar removed, new steering column (because the driver side airbag was broken and the steering wheel didn't come-off so we had to cut it) and a new softop and soft half doors.
Wheels are steel and the tire shop told me that tires are too unbalanced to be compensated (like 200 grams) . Drivetrain and axles are stock Dana 30 and 35.
The TJ is my weekend car and (by now) I'm just doing dirt roads.

Help me decide the order of the next interventions. My idea is:
1) New alloy wheels in order to improve ride quality in motorway
2) Regear to 4.56 cause it's waaaaaaaaaaay too long, barely driveable on mountain roads
3) 30 splines axles
4) rear locker
5) 3" Lift kit

What do you think? Would you proceed in the same order?
Do you think that 2), 3) and 4) would make sense only together?

Thank you in advance!
Prioritizing upgrades

1. upgrades

2. Household expenses ,

3. fuel

4. taxes and insurance

5. alimony

6. Food and shelter (you can sleep in a tj)