Help needed for loose steering

Like Blaine pointed out, the LCA washer isn’t even flush to the bracket. That’s a slot, not a round hole, without a washer that will hold it centered, and what looks loose, that doesn’t look good.

The Track bar isn’t tight obviously, but I’m curious, the JJ On that track bar looks looser than of the JJs anywhere on my TJ. If it’s been loose, and slamming around more than just normal wear, maybe it’s worn that JJ out.

I’m not a pro on that, but I’d consider a JJ rebuild in my future. Tighten it may work, but still.
The washer only holds it centered until it is tightened. One tight, the washer doesn't have anything else to do. We don't know and can't see if there is another washer under the outer one so that needs to be checked.

Still want to know how everyone can tell the trackbar bolt isn't tight.

The washer only holds it centered until it is tightened. One tight, the washer doesn't have anything else to do. We don't know and can't see if there is another washer under the outer one so that needs to be checked.

Understood. I got you washers for mine to center it, and
Got it. That won't show up for me. Just looks like a pic that didn't load.
yeah, on my iPhone I had to click download and then watch it, took me a few minutes to figure that out, ha.

I don't see a washer at the topside of the trackbar bolt on the frame side. I also can't tell if it is or isn't tight. He needs to check that with a steering test.

Did you see the video he posted?

No, when I click on it without replying to your post, it just disappears and turns blank. When I reply it shows back up but has the loading circle of death.
Sorry, I run a software company but I'm at my IT limit, ha. It's loose, if the OP wants Blaine to see, you'll have to upload to Youtube and just post a link I would think.

as an IT professional I understand your weariness regarding downloads so I've uploaded to youtube and have a link now.

not sure if that's how it's supposed to be shared or not but there is my slop.
Got it now. Remove the washer from the bottom, it shouldn't be there. Tighten the bolt back up and keep an eye on it.

Got it now. Remove the washer from the bottom, it shouldn't be there. Tighten the bolt back up and keep an eye on it.

perfect. thanks Mr. Blaine! I appreciate your help and everyone else's help that has been here. I'll take care of this today or this weekend I think as my Tom wood's driveshaft is coming in today as well but it's 109 degrees outside right now so it might have to wait until it's cooler.

Update: guess what it’s finally perfect! Took that washer off and was able to get the bottom to fit flush up against the metal. No more slop no more loose steering it’s perfect and doesn’t jump around anymore. I only tested 5 minutes but tomorrow I’ll be driving it to work and will find out on the freeway if it’s really as good as I think.
This forum is simply amazing! Never fail to amaze me guys