Help with Gears and Lockers

Ahh that's why. I have the 4.0 with 3 speed auto trans. With the calculations my RPM's with 4.56 gears would have been 3200 at 65 to 70 MPH. The 4.10's put me right at 2750 at 65 to 70mph. I have to partially daily drive my jeep because diesel is $6.29 in California so I needed decent highway behavior.
I have a work vehicle and my wife has a 4runner so this thing is a toy to drive around and take to trails. It sits in the garage most weeks. I did still want to keep my 70mph RPM at a reasonable level which is why I chose 4.56.

You did your homework sir. I used that grimmjeeper gear calculator also when I was trying to decide. Jerry Bransford and other TJ guru's in the jeep forums were basically advocating the same thing I had calculated.

Reactions: Bargain Box
You did your homework sir. I used that grimmjeeper gear calculator also when I was trying to decide. Jerry Bransford and other TJ guru's in the jeep forums were basically advocating the same thing I had calculated.
When @Jerry Bransford chimes in, I tend to sit up in my seat a little.

I have a work vehicle and my wife has a 4runner so this thing is a toy to drive around and take to trails. It sits in the garage most weeks. I did still want to keep my 70mph RPM at a reasonable level which is why I chose 4.56.
4.56 was a good choice for your 33's with the 4.0 engine and 5-speed transmission.

Reactions: Bargain Box
When @Jerry Bransford chimes in, I tend to sit up in my seat a little.
4.56 was a good choice for your 33's with the 4.0 engine and 5-speed transmission.
I have the Jerry stamp of approval. I feel like I should get a t-shirt or something.

I had read hundreds of Jerry's comments before I started making my plan. You should get this t-shirt.
Jerry's approval t-shirt.JPG

Ahh that's why. I have the 4.0 with 3 speed auto trans. With the calculations my RPM's with 4.56 gears would have been 3200 at 65 to 70 MPH. The 4.10's put me right at 2750 at 65 to 70mph. I have to partially daily drive my jeep because diesel is $6.29 in California so I needed decent highway behavior.

This is possibly the first time in recorded history I've heard of anyone driving a Jeep for the mileage. :ROFLMAO: