Help with the SwayLOC

Plumber1

Tito's, Tacos and Trails
Supporting Member
I am currently running the Currie A/R and looking to up grade to the Swayloc. I like air actuated version but not sure it will work with my current setup. When I turn my wheels all the way it looks like should be no clearance problems. But if you look at my A/R you can where the tires rub at full articulation and full turn. So I am concerned that the air actuator will get knocked off.

I would like to hear from anyone that is running the air version.

Thanks

IMG_9472.jpg

IMG_9471.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

I am currently running the Currie A/R and looking to up grade to the Swayloc. I like air actuated version but not sure it will work with my current setup. When I turn my wheels all the way it looks like should be no clearance problems. But if you look at my A/R you can where the tires rub at full articulation and full turn. So I am concerned that the air actuator will get knocked off.

I would like to hear from anyone that is running the air version.

Thanks

View attachment 336719

View attachment 336718

View attachment 336720

Your tire will rub. Looks like ORO knows it, too. Based on the rounded edges on the reciever piece the locking pin shoots into.

Reactions: lBasket and Irun
Do you really need the air actuated version? It takes few seconds to flip the lever . you can do it when you are airing your tires down. It's less expensive and less parts to install/maintain. I have it in my Jeep (went from stock to Swayloc directly) and it's been great.

Do you really need the air actuated version? It takes few seconds to flip the lever . you can do it when you are airing your tires down. It's less expensive and less parts to install/maintain. I have it in my Jeep (went from stock to Swayloc directly) and it's been great.

No I don’t but since I already have OBA why not

Reactions: Wildman
I have/had the SwayLoc and air cylinder on mine because with the AiRock it's integrated into the system and unlocks when I selected off-road mode.

I never had rubbing issues but my front axle isn't stock so I can't help there. I did this on one trip but never figured out why.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/wildman4x4nut/a/338c9cf3-7d85-4c29-bea4-9a8968bd1e79/p/708634ac-9a82-40c6-91af-6694d30e7bf2]
IMGP1129.jpg
[/URL]

https://app.photobucket.com/u/wildman4x4nut/a/338c9cf3-7d85-4c29-bea4-9a8968bd1e79/p/24fa4f34-b6ee-4016-bab8-98620bb0c347]
IMGP1128.jpg
[/URL]

I've got one I'm going to be selling at some point. PM me if you want the info on it.

• Wow
Reactions: Irun
Just going by your current configured setup, and the fact your tires are already rubbing that much. A SwayLoc will make even more contact with your tire almost certainly…

Edited for accuracy…

Last edited:
The air cylinder is farther behind where you would rub at so that isn't a concern. The latch mechanism would be where you might rub. If you watch this video you can see that the tire wouldn't come close to the air cylinder. And these are 38" TSL SX tires. You still might hit the arm but that would be it.

Reactions: Irun
The air cylinder is farther behind where you would rub at so that isn't a concern. The latch mechanism would be where you might rub. If you watch this video you can see that the tire wouldn't come close to the air cylinder. And these are 38" TSL SX tires. You still might hit the arm but that would be it.

He seems to be hitting everywhere between these lines. That’s why I made the statement I did. I could easily be wrong though…

I see what you mean about the air cylinder…

667168BF-1EFE-4703-BEB1-902201BA90B6.jpeg

Your arms were pointed up pretty high back then.

I also don’t see a reason for the air activated. It could not be easier to simply flip the unlock/lock switch. You don’t even have to be on level ground.

Reactions: L J and psrivats
  • Backspace: 3.63

My wheels with 3.75” backspacing and 33x12.50” tires just kisses the manual SwayLoc’s sliding mechanism from what I consider normal street driving. Haven’t had the SwayLoc off-road as of yet but I’m not overly worried about it…