Hey

Hahaha! Maybe you called his bluff and he folded, LOL. I needed a laugh tonight. Grammar was suspect with all the commas,,,,but words were spelled correctly. Strangest forum thread I’ve seen in a while.

Come back Pete, we want to get to know you, your Jeep, and your Snapon tools!

This place is going to turn into pirate4x4 with the likes of you around! Constant flaming going on lol.

Lol!

I think this is the funniest thread on here.

My theory.. he was a JK driver sent here undercover to find out how to turn on four wheel drive, then share the secrets to his jk forum.

Reactions: Chris
To be honest i would love to see $30,000 in snap on tools. That would be a crap ton.

Think about all the harbor freight tools you can get for 30k. I would need a new house to store them

Edit 60k my bad. Still a crap ton

I'm confused about the sets/members part of that web page. The first item is a 14 piece socket set. Just a standard 1/4 drive socket set from what I can tell. They have it listed for $318... Is snap on really that expensive or am I missing something?
Snap on has a $200 pair of pliers. Just regular pliers.

cec85a7edc21a6f16806fa67f3550062--paul-walker-funny-the-fast-and-the-furious.jpg

What drives me the most nuts.

From "us news and reports"
The average salary for an auto mechanic was $41,400 in 2016.

Even if you saved everything from your paycheck. Assuming 30% tax and benefits. You lived at home with mom and dad. You walked to work. I would still take 2 years just to pay for that set of tools. There are much cheaper options that havd the same lifetime warranty.

What drives me the most nuts.

From "us news and reports"
The average salary for an auto mechanic was $41,400 in 2016.

Even if you saved everything from your paycheck. Assuming 30% tax and benefits. You lived at home with mom and dad. You walked to work. I would still take 2 years just to pay for that set of tools. There are much cheaper options that havd the same lifetime warranty.

I'm honestly wondering what their target market is with prices like that. Mechanics aren't going to buy with prices like those. At least no mechanics I know. The DIYer at home isn't going to pay that either. Who is buying this stuff?!

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
I knew snap on was expensive, but not that expensive! Thats unreal. I have a hard time paying $20 for a pair of pliers at the local auto parts store.
Don't get me wrong. I have a few nice sets of tools. But if i need something I won't use a lot or maybe use only once. Harbor freight is my go to.

Reactions: Chris and Kiwi TJ