High Speed Droning/Vibration

Rickman

I have a 97 Wrangler, 4.0, 5 speed, four inch lift with adjustable everything, SYE with an Adams CV driveshaft. Got the pinion angle dialed in, it has the very slightest vibration at 25-30mph, so small that others don't even notice it. At right around 60 and up I get a droning vibration, after around five miles or so on the highway at that speed, I'll see transfer case fluid on the rear end and gas tank. I pulled the driveshaft and took it the local driveshaft machine shop where they said it was out of phase, they cut, rephased, welded and balanced it, which made it better, but yesterday I took it on the highway and I'm still getting vibration and a leak of transfer case fluid. Keep in mind everything is brand new,( lift kit, SYE, driveshaft.) Any idea where I'm going wrong?

Well, normally I would suggest looking at the tire balancing, since that is often times an issue of vibration that most people overlook.

However, given that you're getting transfer case fluid everywhere, I'm going to assume that the SYE install wasn't done properly. If fluid is spraying out, that seems to suggest that a seal wasn't seated properly.

That may or may not be related to the vibration, but I have to assume that it could be related.