Host F550 4X4 Motorhome Quad Slide 330

You are da man! Also holy cow, im going to have to diet to squeeze through to the bathroom without the slides out if I get a 330. I calculated it'd be small... but seeing it...
60c1739bf5c85553d44a9448 (2) 330 host3.jpg

HOST 330 Closed.jpg

Thanks. It's bigger than I'd originally planned but it'll be nice if I really do end up spending 8 month or more on the road.
Hopefully the Jeep is running and I'll be at TJFest 2023. Plus I hope to hit CO and run some trails once I can start traveling with the Jeep.

Let us know when you do, we can show you around a bit!

Reactions: Wildman
Let us know when you do, we can show you around a bit!

That was the plan/hope.... Figured I could find some groups to show me around. It's sort of what I hope will happen around the country as I travel. Hit an area and find some locals to show me around. Since I won't be on any type of schedule I will have time.

You are da man! Also holy cow, im going to have to diet to squeeze through to the bathroom without the slides out if I get a 330. I calculated it'd be small... but seeing it...
View attachment 352380

View attachment 352381

Have you looked at the TS300?
The QS330 is 35' long w/4 slides and is the only unit that has a rear bedroom.
The TS300 is 30' long w/3 slides and has a couch in the rear slide area but only has the overhead bunk area.
The DS270 is 27' long w 2 slides and obviously is the smallest of the three but still has a ton of space.

The TS300 is also the only unit that was offered with a fireplace.

1660925050188.png

The TS300 was offered in different WB lengths which then dictated how much overhang you had.

1660925140978.png

1660925255117.png

Here is a 270 that the interior was redone.

1660925342781.png

1660925367434.png

1660925405992.png

Another 330 just darker decals. And it has the bumper and stuff.

1660925592530.png

There is this 330 in MT that has been For Sale now for a while. It looks like it's lead a rough life.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1036207187297950/

Reactions: reddvltj and BlueC
I'm 90% sure I have my heart set on a 330QS. The big thing about the length is build space for battery banks and roof sq ft... I'm working towards 2,500 pounds of decent 18650 batteries right now to hybrid an RV, I need every bit of length to make that work decent enough that I wouldn't have to fully rely on a battery trailer. Its... an end all project for me. I realized the next "high efficiency" project needs to be an RV after I got a couple of station wagons beyond 100mpg on diesel alone. The travel was stupid cheap, however the ease of comfort was not. The Host 330 is about the only thing mostly fitting the bill for the parts compatibility list without going into F750s or class 8 semis ... and at that point the cost of parts gets...out there. Plus itd be too heavy at that point, I want to crawl on sand / beach. So this sweet spot lead me here after being denied in what I wanted to do with another F550 rollback and truck camper options (red taped out). I was basically going to build off this style originally: http://www.powerhousecoach.com/Pickup Truck Campers.html

I'm 90% sure I have my heart set on a 330QS. The big thing about the length is build space for battery banks and roof sq ft... I'm working towards 2,500 pounds of decent 18650 batteries right now to hybrid an RV, I need every bit of length to make that work decent enough that I wouldn't have to fully rely on a battery trailer. Its... an end all project for me. I realized the next "high efficiency" project needs to be an RV after I got a couple of station wagons beyond 100mpg on diesel alone. The travel was stupid cheap, however the ease of comfort was not. The Host 330 is about the only thing mostly fitting the bill for the parts compatibility list without going into F750s or class 8 semis ... and at that point the cost of parts gets...out there. Plus itd be too heavy at that point, I want to crawl on sand / beach. So this sweet spot lead me here after being denied in what I wanted to do with another F550 rollback and truck camper options (red taped out). I was basically going to build off this style originally: http://www.powerhousecoach.com/Pickup Truck Campers.html

Powerhouse Coach rigs are sweet but way beyond my price point. Just trying to throw out options for ya in case you weren't aware of the other models.
Since it sounds like you're going to gut a lot of the rig anyhow that one in MT might be a option and since it's been listed for so long you might be able to obtain it for a bit less than they have it listed for.

I'm 90% set with getting the 330 as I need the length for batteries and solar / trailer sizing. I've considered so many models including the ones you mentioned. I'm watching prices, I'm speculating that they will continue downwards in the near future due to rates and whats happening in the markets. The other options are far too new / $$$.
Again its more of a mechanical overhaul rather than redo the interior, and thats still down the road after I get the rig, I'm sure the 6.4L would still have life in it, but if it doesn't... it's getting replaced / modded out when the time comes, batteries will be for stationary use till then though in a staged project as I acquire parts. And yeah the powerhouse coaches are pricey, I was serious about building one myself in our huge family hanger / shop, but I ran into red tape when registering / insuring it as I was about to purchase the base F550... all they care about is the VIN ... literally thousands a year difference in base costs and I didnt want that for long term as its considered a commercial rig / non-RV, even when trying to reclass it at the end of build. Even talking with small RV builders and RV craftspersons in my area they all said the same thing about the VIN. Maybe I could find a wrecked 330 or burned one and steal the VIN lol, then it'd be technically legal / insured close enough.

Anyways, I have another question, I haven't found anything on whats under the bed? storage? boogieman?

Again thank you so much for your time and info!

Anyways, I have another question, I haven't found anything on whats under the bed? storage? boogieman?

Again thank you so much for your time and info!

There is storage underneath it. I'll try to remember to take a picture the next time I have the rear slides open. It's actually a decent amount of storage.

Dropped the motorhome off at the dealership today to get the roof replaced. It was part of the deal when I bought it.
I'm getting new A/C units and Fantastic fans installed along with it.
And then I'm also having them replace the old solar panel with 1 or 2 new ones. And while they have it apart they will look at replacing the inverter with a newer model also.
So I won't have it to distract me for the next 2-3 weeks.
I'm getting my new socket Thursday so then I can get back working on the Jeep.

I'd been trying to decide what I was going to do with the stock stereo in the MH and had thought about getting a newer floating stereo so I'd have the larger screen. Now there really isn't anything wrong with the current stereo other than I'd like to have a screen and some of the newer features that bug the SHIT out of @Zorba.
My niece had gotten a nice Alpine stereo for Christmas a few years ago for her Ford Escape but then here about 4 months ago the transmission had died in it. So while I was over there last week dropping the MH off to be worked on she told me if I wanted it I could take it.

Stock setup

20220629_212239.jpg

Alpine iLX-W650
I've got the steering wheel control kit for it also.

20220831_134552.jpg

20220831_134612.jpg

Also ordered a Alpine KTA-450 Power Pack amp & Rockford Fosgate speakers to replace the stock speakers. And since I'm still OLD I got the SiriusXM module to go with it. So I'll be installing all this once I get it back.

WOW sure wish other vendors would ship stuff as quickly as Crutchfield. I already got the stereo parts I'd ordered.

20220902_134419.jpg

Also received a call from the RV dealer and the good news is that the roof replacement is coming along great and they haven't ran into any unforeseen issues. But the BAD thing is that the new awning that was supposed to be getting mounted onto the MH can't be gotten anymore. And to get one that was similar from a other MH manufacturer would cost $12K or more.
So they are going to be looking into other options and will be getting back in contact with me next week. Plus hopefully they will be able to tell me an approximate time the coach will be finished.

WOW sure wish other vendors would ship stuff as quickly as Crutchfield. I already got the stereo parts I'd ordered.

View attachment 356586

Also received a call from the RV dealer and the good news is that the roof replacement is coming along great and they haven't ran into any unforeseen issues. But the BAD thing is that the new awning that was supposed to be getting mounted onto the MH can't be gotten anymore. And to get one that was similar from a other MH manufacturer would cost $12K or more.
So they are going to be looking into other options and will be getting back in contact with me next week. Plus hopefully they will be able to tell me an approximate time the coach will be finished.

Crutchfield is awesome, even though it took three tries to get a good amp from them. I had two of the house brand Sound Ordinance amps die within a week and the second time they allowed me to upgrade to a better amp at no cost. They paid all the shipping and didn't hassle me at all.

Totally trust Crutchfield, just not the Sound Ordinance brand at all.

Crutchfield is awesome, even though it took three tries to get a good amp from them. I had two of the house brand Sound Ordinance amps die within a week and the second time they allowed me to upgrade to a better amp at no cost. They paid all the shipping and didn't hassle me at all.

Totally trust Crutchfield, just not the Sound Ordinance brand at all.

Yes I've always had good luck with them. I've had to return one stereo once and they got me the replacement one ASAP.

Reactions: reddvltj and AMS417

View attachment 356586

Crutchfield is great. A lot of companies could learn from them

Here are the order sheet & flier for the 2009 Host. For their time they were pretty interesting.

Attachments

• 2009_Super_C_Retail.pdf
    23.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Host_Motorcoach.pdf
    531.8 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: reddvltj
If anyone is looking for something similar here is the Adventurer Overlander. Comes with super singles already. Nice rig.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/20...QQt91UgF20MKZPy1H7amAizjfljvSsFRTJuvQb7bKbWs4

But at $225K it's a little above my pay grade.

View attachment 358850

There's another Thor in the Crawler Hauler Group , but it's only a standard cab version and not sure if it's 4wd or 2wd.

FOR SALE!!! 2016 THOR CHATEAU SUPER C ON A F550 ( WITH 6.7 DIESEL), CHASSIS WITH A 33FT DOUBLE RIG KAUFMAN HAULER WITH TITLE...MOTORHOME HAS 32,000 MILES ,NEW TIRES AND WAS JUST RECENTLY SERVICED ALONG WITH ON BOARD GENERATOR!!! (150HRS)
THIS RIG PULLS THE 32 FT TRAILER LIKE ITS NOT EVEN BEHIND IT.. WILL RUN 70-75
we love this rig but we are changing gears and looking for a 5th wheel so its gotta go!!!!
(FYI ALL INSIDE PICTURES WERE TAKEN WITH SLIDES CLOSED)
$110,000 package deal (trailer only comes with if sold at asking price) anything below 110,000 trailer will be sold separately!!!

Spartanburg, SC
1663029146869.png

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1684198558360399/permalink/5359190657527819

There's another Thor in the Crawler Hauler Group , but it's only a standard cab version and not sure if it's 4wd or 2wd.

FOR SALE!!! 2016 THOR CHATEAU SUPER C ON A F550 ( WITH 6.7 DIESEL), CHASSIS WITH A 33FT DOUBLE RIG KAUFMAN HAULER WITH TITLE...MOTORHOME HAS 32,000 MILES ,NEW TIRES AND WAS JUST RECENTLY SERVICED ALONG WITH ON BOARD GENERATOR!!! (150HRS)
THIS RIG PULLS THE 32 FT TRAILER LIKE ITS NOT EVEN BEHIND IT.. WILL RUN 70-75
we love this rig but we are changing gears and looking for a 5th wheel so its gotta go!!!!
(FYI ALL INSIDE PICTURES WERE TAKEN WITH SLIDES CLOSED)
$110,000 package deal (trailer only comes with if sold at asking price) anything below 110,000 trailer will be sold separately!!!

Spartanburg, SC
View attachment 358874

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1684198558360399/permalink/5359190657527819

I think @Apparition needs this for his and the Mrs.'s Jeeps!!!