Host F550 4X4 Motorhome Quad Slide 330

I think I could afford a few hotel rooms for that.

Lamest argument ever.... I camp in many places where there aren't any motels and the nearest one is 60+ miles away from my wheeling/camping spot. Never have understood this.

Just a few....

But hey, it's a F-F-F-Ford... :ROFLMAO:

Which means it'll have to pushed or pulled to the camping spot...

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
Lamest argument ever.... I camp in many places where there aren't any motels and the nearest one is 60+ miles away from my wheeling/camping spot. Never have understood this.

If I was old as fuck and retired I could roll around in my house and maybe it'd make sense.

Right now I have a job so I have limited time to travel. Even if I vacationed 30 nights a year for $500/night I'm money ahead when looking at all the maintenance, upkeep and storage costs on top of the initial investment. Realistically rooms are much less than $500/night.

Many of the places I go to I fly to anyway so a MH wouldn't get me there in the time I have. If I need to stay 60+ miles from a hotel then I have a tent available and find it quite enjoyable.

Reactions: rasband
If I was old as fuck and retired I could roll around in my house and maybe it'd make sense.

Right now I have a job so I have limited time to travel. Even if I vacationed 30 nights a year for $500/night I'm money ahead when looking at all the maintenance, upkeep and storage costs on top of the initial investment. Realistically rooms are much less than $500/night.

Many of the places I go to I fly to anyway so a MH wouldn't get me there in the time I have. If I need to stay 60+ miles from a hotel then I have a tent available and find it quite enjoyable.

I agree that spending $100K + on something that would sit 11 months out of the year is stupid. And why do you need to be old as FUCK? Cause I ain't.

Even before I was retired I spent at least one weekend a month up in the woods camping so if I'd been able to afford a mh then I would have. Plus my bones could sleep on the ground back then without causing me to walk funny for a week afterwards.

It doesn't bug me however long it takes you or doesn't. Just let me know when you're in CO and ready to hit some trails :)

Believe me once mine is done I plan on using this motorhome to travel with. And CO is on the bucket 🪣 list of places to visit.

Reactions: rasband
Opinions are like.... It's how I camp now. I've spent more years than I care to count sleeping on the ground.

Whatever gets you out there! I wouldn't classify it as "camping" but I don't think that's your goal - so there's no sense in debating it.

I would love a trailer for select trips, eventually my better half will force it even! I've been trying to design my own that balances the comfort you have and outdoor engagement (basically not allowing the kitchen to exist in the cabin). But again, nothing wrong with wanting that inside. Mine may never materialize.

Reactions: Apparition
Whatever gets you out there! I wouldn't classify it as "camping" but I don't think that's your goal - so there's no sense in debating it.

I would love a trailer for select trips, eventually my better half will force it even! I've been trying to design my own that balances the comfort you have and outdoor engagement (basically not allowing the kitchen to exist in the cabin). But again, nothing wrong with wanting that inside. Mine may never materialize.

Well if I was only going to local spots I'm sure a truck camper would have been more than enough but since I am going to be traveling a good amount of time then yes this works better. Funny that it has to become a debate. I really don't give a fuck if you call it camping/glamping or any other name. I want to be comfortable. I've done my time wrapped up in a Wobbie and using a poncho as a lean-to.

I've backpacked many a mile and I've tent camped for years. But I'm too freaking OLD for that now.

Other than using the microwave I doubt I'll hardly ever use the stove in the motorhome. I like cooking outdoors. Heck even at home 95% of my cooking is done on a grill. At one point when I was had first built the TJ I'd planned on getting a adventure type trailer and towing it behind the Jeep. Was part of the reason for the V-8 swap. But that was 15 years ago now.

Well if I was only going to local spots I'm sure a truck camper would have been more than enough but since I am going to be traveling a good amount of time then yes this works better. Funny that it has to become a debate. I really don't give a fuck if you call it camping/glamping or any other name. I want to be comfortable. I've done my time wrapped up in a Wobbie and using a poncho as a lean-to.

I've backpacked many a mile and I've tent camped for years. But I'm too freaking OLD for that now.

Other than using the microwave I doubt I'll hardly ever use the stove in the motorhome. I like cooking outdoors. Heck even at home 95% of my cooking is done on a grill. At one point when I was had first built the TJ I'd planned on getting a adventure type trailer and towing it behind the Jeep. Was part of the reason for the V-8 swap. But that was 15 years ago now.

I'll bring the meat when you are here!

Must be some peanut gallery pussies throwing hate on your chosen method of "camping". Camping is camping whether you're in an RV, a tent, or a sleeping bag under the sky. Been there done all 3, and being out for long periods of time, staying in a tent sucks ass!!!

Reactions: Bigmac and AMS417