Host F550 4X4 Motorhome Quad Slide 330

It's basically the same controller that I had before other than this one has a brand name on it. I have a remote wired meter for monitoring the system but I can also add a bluetooth doogle to it also. I'll get it installed and then run it for a month or so and make sure it's not going to be FUBAR like the other one before I spend the money. It's not that expensive, only around $45 but I'd like to have it so I can monitor the system on my phone.

20221028_182837.jpg

The nice thing is that it has two jacks so I can run both the remote meter & the bluetooth at the same time.

20221028_182927.jpg

20221028_182945.jpg

It will only take me around 90 minutes to get it installed.

Reactions: reddvltj
It's basically the same controller that I had before other than this one has a brand name on it. I have a remote wired meter for monitoring the system but I can also add a bluetooth doogle to it also. I'll get it installed and then run it for a month or so and make sure it's not going to be FUBAR like the other one before I spend the money. It's not that expensive, only around $45 but I'd like to have it so I can monitor the system on my phone.

View attachment 371209

The nice thing is that it has two jacks so I can run both the remote meter & the bluetooth at the same time.

View attachment 371210

View attachment 371211

It will only take me around 90 minutes to get it installed.

Having the brand name on it makes one think that the last one might have been a lesser quality knock off or bulk ordered model that maybe didn't have the same QC specifications??

Reactions: Wildman
Why don't you pump RV antifreeze through the lines, or do you?

I've always had better luck with blowing out the lines. And I really don't like the after taste from the anti-freeze. But it's also been 10+ years since I've used the stuff and it may be better than it used to be?

I've always had better luck with blowing out the lines. And I really don't like the after taste from the anti-freeze. But it's also been 10+ years since I've used the stuff and it may be better than it used to be?

I couldn't tell you if there's any residual taste, when I flush my trailer in the spring I also shock the fresh water tank with some bleach, so it sterilizes the whole water system. The only thing that doesn't get the antifreeze is the water heater, everything I have read says not to.

I couldn't tell you if there's any residual taste, when I flush my trailer in the spring I also shock the fresh water tank with some bleach, so it sterilizes the whole water system. The only thing that doesn't get the antifreeze is the water heater, everything I have read says not to.

I can always try it out and see if there is any after taste. I just know that before you would taste it for about a month.

I can always try it out and see if there is any after taste. I just know that before you would taste it for about a month.

I'd have to look at the brand I use but it says it doesn't leave any residue or after taste, but like I said I add a little bleach to my fresh tank just to make sure there's no bacteria and flush the antifreeze out with it... Just don't use too much bleach!!! o_O

Reactions: Apparition
I'd have to look at the brand I use but it says it doesn't leave any residue or after taste, but like I said I add a little bleach to my fresh tank just to make sure there's no bacteria and flush the antifreeze out with it... Just don't use too much bleach!!! o_O

I'd tell you that I'm open to suggestions and ideas but according to some I ignore any advice I'm given..... :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:;)

Let me know what brand it is, and I'll give it a try.

• Haha
Hey Wildman, whats the GVWR / GCVWR on that beast? is it a 18k or 19,500? / 26k or 33k max combined? I'm having trouble finding the real numbers on the 330.
Also is it running 4.88 differentials? Thanks,

Hey Wildman, whats the GVWR / GCVWR on that beast? is it a 18k or 19,500? / 26k or 33k max combined? I'm having trouble finding the real numbers on the 330.
Also is it running 4.88 differentials? Thanks,

GVWR is 19,000 and yes 4.88 gears in the axles. I've read in a few spots that it's supposed to have a 20Klb tow rating but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Attachments

• Host_Motorcoach.pdf
    531.8 KB · Views: 92
I did find a wrecked Host QS with this: Then the 2008 factory literature. Edit: I think the new F600 RVs have the 20k# towing.
2008-Ford-F-550-1FDAW57R28EA94042-9.jpg

Attachments

• 2008 Ford F-Series Super Duty Specifications - Ford-Trucks.com.pdf
    599.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
none of the F550 or 600 series Ford trucks will tow over 12,ooolbs. Ours is a F550 and it tow rating is 20K, but don't even think about anything over 10K
Renegade does the same thing, they say the rig will pull 40K, but the put a 20K hitch on it. I guess they assume we'll all be pulling an Abrams A1 Tank???

• Haha
another place you can stay, is Army Corp of Engineers property. With the National Park Pass, its either $10 or $12 per night.
Go to: https://www.recreation.gov/ they have thousands of parks and campgrounds to camp on, cheap.
Last week we stayed at OLd Post Campground on the Arkansas River, for two weeks. Near the Dardanelle Dam/Lock. we had giant barges passing by.
The only downside is, there is literally, almost nothing to do in Russellville AR.
We are at another Corp of Engineer (COE) Campground for the next two weeks,
total cost for 2 weeks at Old Post CG= $140
Total cost at Enid Lake ( COE ) $168
The difference between the two is, OLd Post had 50amp electric, and water, but no sewer. Enid lake has full hook ups
Enid lake is actually fairly famous if you're a Bass Fisherman. They hold a lot of Pro-Bass tournaments on this lake

20221110_183649.jpg

20221104_131953.jpg

none of the F550 or 600 series Ford trucks will tow over 12,ooolbs. Ours is a F550 and it tow rating is 20K, but don't even think about anything over 10K
Renegade does the same thing, they say the rig will pull 40K, but the put a 20K hitch on it. I guess they assume we'll all be pulling an Abrams A1 Tank???

I'm only going to be towing about 10k lbs. I'd hate to see what it was like trying to tow 15k or 20k lbs.

And just a fun fact since I was a 19K (Tanker M1) a M1A3 weighs 55 tons.

Here's the door sticker on mine.

20221120_155337.jpg

as you probably know, it doesn't matter how much you can tow, its how much you can stop. Does this rig have an engine brake??
I have the Alison 10sp with a engine brake. I LOVE HAVING A ENGINE BRAKE. Especially out in the rockies. You get on a few of the 7% downhill grades, Thats fun, and a little freaky

Reactions: John Cooper
as you probably know, it doesn't matter how much you can tow, its how much you can stop. Does this rig have an engine brake??
I have the Alison 10sp with a engine brake. I LOVE HAVING A ENGINE BRAKE. Especially out in the rockies. You get on a few of the 7% downhill grades, Thats fun, and a little freaky

Yes, many people think because they bought a rig that says it can tow xxxx they're good. As you said it's the stopping it that matters.
And yes, it has a engine brake.

Edit: I guess I should clarify that the 6.4 Powerstroke has variable vane turbos which act like an engine brake. There are kits for the F550 to enhance the braking capability. Banks offers a nice setup, and it was installed on the truck then I'd got it but the main harness was missing a part, so I had to remove it. I'm trying to get the missing part from Banks and if I can I'll reinstall it onto the rig.

Last edited: