How many things are wrong in this picture?

Now that you've contemplated a bit, what logic was used to build something with that much money thrown at it and get every single aspect of it that matters wrong?
IDK. Giterdone logic? 2much$2Kare logic? Thankfully/regrettably some people FUBAR things and others can learn from their mistakes. Either way, I have this nagging urge to go out and check my SAI😉

What’s up with the TB? It disappears behind the drag link and doesn’t reappear? Can’t tell if it’s tied into the frame. Tires look like they’d interfere with the bumper if he turned much more.

EDIT: that steering box skid is tied in to a tab that comes off the bumper, which is cheese.

Those of you that I have discussed may want to hold back a bit to see who is paying attention.
This is a TJ Unlimited with a hemi swap and the tires are 39" red labels on a Dynatrac PR 60 front.

View attachment 276742
Passenger brake line routing looks like it might get hung up on something easily. The steering box skid looks like it wasn't bolted into the right holes. the drag link clamp is a) on the the adjuster and b) should be rolled back so that it is behind the drag link and not on top. Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but it looks like the antirock links would be more vertical if mounted on the other side of the sway bar brackets. Looks like it needs a bit more bumpstop unless they did a whole lot of body clearancing for those 39's.

Somebody wanted to know why their hydro wasn't working, is that what the main deal here is? I'm sure there are more Waldos in the picture but is that the main thing?

Reactions: Tob
Somebody wanted to know why their hydro wasn't working, is that what the main deal here is? I'm sure there are more Waldos in the picture but is that the main thing?
No, it is a for sale ad that was picked up and discussed due to the 55,000 dollar price. Then the builder got involved and was telling everyone how awesome it is or words to that effect. It is basically a flaming pile of mechanical poo but the reason for the post here was the "that is a great build" commentary in the original post from everyone but me. I was fairly astounded that so few could tell it was a piece of shit.

Passenger brake line routing looks like it might get hung up on something easily. The steering box skid looks like it wasn't bolted into the right holes. the drag link clamp is a) on the the adjuster and b) should be rolled back so that it is behind the drag link and not on top. Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but it looks like the antirock links would be more vertical if mounted on the other side of the sway bar brackets. Looks like it needs a bit more bumpstop unless they did a whole lot of body clearancing for those 39's.
Essentially the forest is on fire and you're pointing out which trees need to be trimmed to look a bit more foresty.

So how did it drive to where the picture was taken. Then drive away. Obviously it wasn't built wrong in place and left there forever.

Need more pictures and video of it.

He'd probably been getting advice from the TJ and LJ pages on facebook.
Fuck FB. That's where 55k abominations are created and sold. Especially sad when they are TJ's
So how did it drive to where the picture was taken. Then drive away. Obviously it wasn't built wrong in place and left there forever.

Need more pictures and video of it.
Cant turn the front wheels while the brakes are engaged. No pics needed for explanation. It's all in this thread
Edit: pic is in the OP

Last edited:
Essentially the forest is on fire and you're pointing out which trees need to be trimmed to look a bit more foresty.
I have similar phrasing for project managers that like to explain to me how my HVAC is "costing everyone else time & money" while the whole structure is collapsing on itself.
Everything on the official schedule is, by design, behind schedule. Mistakes that aren't corrected happen frequently in this environment

Last edited:
What’s up with the TB? It disappears behind the drag link and doesn’t reappear? Can’t tell if it’s tied into the frame. Tires look like they’d interfere with the bumper if he turned much more.

EDIT: that steering box skid is tied in to a tab that comes off the bumper, which is cheese.
Where else is it going to be tied into?

Reactions: Jablinski and jjvw
Where else is it going to be tied into?
It literally looks like it’s tied into the drag link behind the coupling. No idea. Can’t tell. All I know is it’s MC

As to the post, I don’t know all that is wrong, and likely never will. Not sure I want to even try to learn. Why? Because To me it is a big field of study to create a system of components that allow a vehicle to do all it is supposed to do. I look at what Blaine does as part of automotive engineering, and I know I don’t know- but I do love that he can explain it in laymans’ terms

What jumps out at me is-

1. What Blaine sees we don’t.

Doesn’t suprise me but it does shed some light to those of us that don’t know him or know in depth all he is has been into.

2. The fact that someone will buy it for around that figure and have to put in more money when it won’t do what they think it will do.

3. Lastly, as a tradesman and owner of a company that employs tradesmen, it points out how widespread the shortage of technical knowledge in the trades is. People often simply don’t know what they are doing it. I see it constantly in construction.

Good Thread- would be educational to have a Blaines’ What is wrong here thread more often.

I do know that real accomplished pros instantly see things that are out of whack. It becomes second nature.

As to the post, I don’t know all that is wrong, and likely never will. Not sure I want to even try to learn. Why? Because To me it is a big field of study to create a system of components that allow a vehicle to do all it is supposed to do. I look at what Blaine does as part of automotive engineering, and I know I don’t know- but I do love that he can explain it in laymans’ terms

What jumps out at me is-

Doesn’t suprise me but it does shed some light to those of us that don’t know him or know in depth all he is has been into.

2. The fact that someone will buy it for around that figure and have to put in more money when it won’t do what they think it will do.

3. Lastly, as a tradesman and owner of a company that employs tradesmen, it points out how widespread the shortage of technical knowledge in the trades is. People often simply don’t know what they are doing it. I see it constantly in construction.

Good Thread- would be educational to have a Blaines’ What is wrong here thread more often.

I do know that real accomplished pros instantly see things that are out of whack. It becomes second nature.

What jumps out at me is-

I enjoy shared knowledge and the patience it takes to convey. Most (and only, it seems to me) educators/professors/teachers have the astounding ability to appreciate the benefits of enlightening others.

"Those who can, do; those who can't, teach" is fuckin bullshit.
Some who can, discover challenge and solutions; some have the fortitude and capacity to spread knowledge.
Some can do one. Some can do both.
I can do some🤣

Reactions: mrblaine