How reliable is a 65th Anniversary Edition TJ with a 6-speed manual?

I have a 2005 LJ with the 6 speed tranny and it has been great for me. I would recommend using Red Line tranny oil as it makes a world of difference.

I have my red line on order, excited to try it myself. Another 6speed here and no issues so far, just a little cranky sometimes and figured a fluid refresh is in order since I don’t know what/when the PO did.

Reactions: skrelnik
Sorry, but without photos of the frame I can't give you a real opinion. It looks fine from what I can see, but the frame is the most important part.

Here is the vin # 1J4FA39S85P355763, apparently it's an X model, I am confused, idk if they tried to clone it and make it look like a 65th Anniversary or some other trim but that's kind of fishy to me.

Huh, a counterfeit Jeep. Just like with antique firearms, they swap a couple components and sell to an un-suspecting buyer at a much higher value. It pays to do your research!

I went to the dealers web site and it does in fact say it is an X. What it doesn't say is that it has the premium package. From looks of it, it appears to have that package.

Premium package consisted of premium cloth seat fabric, silver center stack and instrument panel bezel, bright grill, and body colored fender flares.

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
Anyways I found a different jeep, I'm just trying to find the right one at the right price.
636724636470686584.jpg
Has 98k miles and are asking 13,000, Rust free and here in Texas, 4.0L, I like that color, what do yall think, is it a good price?

Look for at least the "Sport" package, they had the Dana 44 as an option, but make sure it does have the 44 rear axel by running the VIN number, or just take a look if you know what a 44 looks like. 13K for an X is too high in my humble opinion. I paid 8K for my Sport with the 44 rear, no rust, stock set up, with 120K miles. It lived on the Highways around Lubbock until I brought it to Newer Mexico to fulfill it's destiny in the mountains where it belongs! Be patient the right one will come along.

Look for at least the "Sport" package, they had the Dana 44 as an option, but make sure it does have the 44 rear axel by running the VIN number, or just take a look if you know what a 44 looks like. 13K for an X is too high in my humble opinion. I paid 8K for my Sport with the 44 rear, no rust, stock set up, with 120K miles. It lived on the Highways around Lubbock until I brought it to Newer Mexico to fulfill it's destiny in the mountains where it belongs! Be patient the right one will come along.

How valuable is the Dana 44

Reactions: Yovani
Having a 44 rear would make re-sale easier as well. It's not a show stopper if your choice is a TJ with the 35 rear, but if you have a choice go with one with a 4.0 6cyl engine and the Dana 44 rear axel, just for the re-sale if for no other reason

Anyways I found a different jeep, I'm just trying to find the right one at the right price.View attachment 60379 Has 98k miles and are asking 13,000, Rust free and here in Texas, 4.0L, I like that color, what do yall think, is it a good price?
If you really want serious input as to whether a particular Jeep is anywhere close to being worth the asking price, it would be best to have more photos, up close, especially of the frame and suspension. No one can guess the condition of a TJ from a relatively far away glamor shot. Every individual AND dealer can make any TJ look good on the surface...just saying...

One more question, is the Rubicon the only one with "automatic axle lock", what's the price range on getting a axle lock for the diff.