How to calibrate your speedometer using SpeedoHealer by HealTech

Might just be me but I've played with mine multiple times, from 70 GPS/55 Speedo, entered the data, went through the procedure and still off 5mph. Many tries, many different speeds and I'm still 4-5mph off so gave up for the time being. I started of 15mph off so it's better but fine tuning just doesn't seem to be doable. Your results may vary.
Still kicking my butt. Did a trail run with 25mi. highway drive each way, led the way at 65mph and was told days later I was doing between 75 - 80mph. Wondered why my previously mild post gear swap oscillating shimmy reared up to extremely annoying. Had the front driveshaft rebalanced today (was off :quite a bit") and will test drive tomorrow. Still have the 07 hub kit on hand if I need to do more than driveshaft re-balance.
Then I can play with the Speedo again.

Still kicking my butt. Did a trail run with 25mi. highway drive each way, led the way at 65mph and was told days later I was doing between 75 - 80mph. Wondered why my previously mild post gear swap oscillating shimmy reared up to extremely annoying. Had the front driveshaft rebalanced today (was off :quite a bit") and will test drive tomorrow. Still have the 07 hub kit on hand if I need to do more than driveshaft re-balance.
Then I can play with the Speedo again.

I've never had this issue.

The way gps works can introduce significant errors in the short term, so I use a method to filter that out. I start with the SH zeroed out, I use the Torque app with a cheap Bluetooth OBD2 dongle, set it up to log both obd2 speed and gps speed, then go for a drive on the fastest highway I can find (maximizes the resolution of your comparison). Try to get a few good runs of 60 seconds or more of consistent speed. Then I open up the logs in excel and find some points where gps and obd2 is nice and flat, and then use that difference for the percentage to enter into the SH. It always ends up within 1 mph.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeep 541X
I've never had this issue.

The way gps works can introduce significant errors in the short term, so I use a method to filter that out. I start with the SH zeroed out, I use the Torque app with a cheap Bluetooth OBD2 dongle, set it up to log both obd2 speed and gps speed, then go for a drive on the fastest highway I can find (maximizes the resolution of your comparison). Try to get a few good runs of 60 seconds or more of consistent speed. Then I open up the logs in excel and find some points where gps and obd2 is nice and flat, and then use that difference for the percentage to enter into the SH. It always ends up within 1 mph.

All I needed was to reset the SH to factory and start from scratch, following on screen guide to the END.
All dialed in now.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
I’ve just gotten this speedohealer and understand the install side but before I program. Since the 4.10 to 4.88 gear swap the speedo is bouncing all over. Will read fine and actually fairly close to GPS speed then drop to zero or bounce around all over.

Before I install it I want see if anyone else had this issue.

Also from my test runs up to 60 mph would it be normal for me to going faster on GPS than speedo, like 65 GPS vs 60? I also went from 33’s KM3’s to 35’s Cooper Stt pro. I know this is normal for tire size changes but never done gears before so want to make sure what I’m seeing is in line with past experiences here.

Jeep is cooling off now and after reading this post I may order some of the plastic wire covering to protect wires.

Last edited:
I’ve just gotten this speedohealer and understand the install side but before I program. Since the 4.10 to 4.88 gear swap the speedo is bouncing all over. Will read fine and actually fairly close to GPS speed then drop to zero or bounce around all over.

Before I install it I want see if anyone else had this issue.

Also from my test runs up to 60 mph would it be normal for me to going faster on GPS than speedo, like 65 GPS vs 60? I also went from 33’s KM3’s to 35’s Cooper Stt pro. I know this is normal for tire size changes but never done gears before so want to make sure what I’m seeing is in line with past experiences here.

Jeep is cooling off now and after reading this post I may order some of the plastic wire covering to protect wires.

Gearing is downstream of the sensor so it shouldn't have anything to do with the signal dropping out. That usually happens with a super short slip yoke eliminator when the transfer case output yoke but isn't torqued sufficiently. Could also be a loose or broken wire somewhere.

Reactions: MattTJRubicon82
Gearing is downstream of the sensor so it shouldn't have anything to do with the signal dropping out. That usually happens with a super short slip yoke eliminator when the transfer case output yoke but isn't torqued sufficiently. Could also be a loose or broken wire somewhere.

Was my concern all along. Will chase it down.