Deal

I have referred to the forums over the last 2 years regarding intermittent blower motor issues. It started when it was not functional at all. I initially replaced the resistor and the blower motor and it worked for a period of time before failing again. I then replaced the switch panel and even spliced new female connectors where they typically melt, along with replacing the relay and the resistor connector plug(if I’m not mistaken in the specific connector). Fuses have never been blown either. Since all these replacements it has been intermittent, either normal function or zero function at all. (All blower side issues, heat and AC compressor work just fine)

Over the last year the blower would work for about a week or two, if I was lucky a month, then proceed to stop working again for a couple months at a time before working again.

I am currently between jobs and trying to avoid a shop as just diagnosing the issue at one shop was quoted 200, no repairs. Electrical is a bit outside of my skill set, but I do have a multimeter but no idea how to use it and diagnose the issue properly.

With the heat not to far away in Texas I am looking to see if there’s a simple fix I may be missing. The other posts on the blower wiring issues on here were helpful initially and after having followed some of them in my previous attempts to fix and still having issues I figured I would look for help if anyone has experienced what I have. If you know of a fix or specific existing posts that would be helpful in my case I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!

I highly suggest you start watching this video to learn the basics of how to use a multimeter and the basics of electrical testing. A multimeter is an invaluable tool to have and how to use it safely is even more important.

This guy explains things very clearly.

I have some serious issues with HVAC. I’m pretty sure I need to replace my heater core but none of the controls work for the heat or a/c. I can hear it pressurizing but nothing blows out. I’ve replaced the resistor and blower but the problem may be the attached picture of a green plug in near the blower. I’ve tested the green plug with a multimeter and only get power on one side. Any ideas? I own a 2006 2.4L Jeep Wrangler.

D03564A6-1AF9-4BF4-97DA-9D7CD4A3BAE2.jpeg

I have referred to the forums over the last 2 years regarding intermittent blower motor issues. It started when it was not functional at all. I initially replaced the resistor and the blower motor and it worked for a period of time before failing again. I then replaced the switch panel and even spliced new female connectors where they typically melt, along with replacing the relay and the resistor connector plug(if I’m not mistaken in the specific connector). Fuses have never been blown either. Since all these replacements it has been intermittent, either normal function or zero function at all. (All blower side issues, heat and AC compressor work just fine)

Over the last year the blower would work for about a week or two, if I was lucky a month, then proceed to stop working again for a couple months at a time before working again.

I am currently between jobs and trying to avoid a shop as just diagnosing the issue at one shop was quoted 200, no repairs. Electrical is a bit outside of my skill set, but I do have a multimeter but no idea how to use it and diagnose the issue properly.

With the heat not to far away in Texas I am looking to see if there’s a simple fix I may be missing. The other posts on the blower wiring issues on here were helpful initially and after having followed some of them in my previous attempts to fix and still having issues I figured I would look for help if anyone has experienced what I have. If you know of a fix or specific existing posts that would be helpful in my case I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!

Did you ever figure out the issue? I have a 2001 TJ and it sounds like I'm having the same issue. I've replaced the blower assembly, the resistor, control panel. I can hear the compressor engaging but nothing is being pushed through the vents. The only thing I haven't tried yet is checking the wiring harness.

Did you ever figure out the issue? I have a 2001 TJ and it sounds like I'm having the same issue. I've replaced the blower assembly, the resistor, control panel. I can hear the compressor engaging but nothing is being pushed through the vents. The only thing I haven't tried yet is checking the wiring harness.

You say compressor, do you mean the A/C isn't kicking on? Or do you mean the blower isn't blowing? You're the 3rd person to pile into this thread so we don't know your specifics.

You say compressor, do you mean the A/C isn't kicking on? Or do you mean the blower isn't blowing? You're the 3rd person to pile into this thread so we don't know your specifics.

You can hear the click of the compressor coming on, but the blower isn't blowing. I have replaced everything except wiring.

You can hear the click of the compressor coming on, but the blower isn't blowing. I have replaced everything except wiring.

Sounds like it's time to start tracing wires. Look at both the 12v+ and ground sides of the circuit. I'd start on the 12v+ side as the circuit is simple.

For the 12v+ side, the relay is behind the glove box. That is a good spot to see if you have both the 12v+ from the battery (underhood fuse box) and the 12v+ controlled by the ignition switch that activates the relay.

You could also start by seeing if you are getting ground or 12v+ to the blower motor connector. That should narrow down which side of the circuit to troubleshoot.