I fucking did it

Congrats man that’s an amazing story! It doesn’t matter how long it took you all that matter is that you got it done! I’m currently working on my Bachelors.
I working on being a bachelor too...oh hang on...never mind !!

Nice work dude! I followed a similar path, took my first college course in 1997 and graduated in 2015. That's about enough time to be an astronaut brain surgeon.

Reactions: CybrSlydr
what ever happened to your BMW interior mess?

I had it professionally cleaned. Guy had a steam cleaner and used some cleaners with ozone and the like. I was graciously offered a gently used steering wheel from an M3 forum member for the price of shipping it to me, so I swapped out the electronics from the old one and installed the new one. New one, assembled, is on the left. Old one on the right.

33774814428_ad70356896_h.jpg

As for the rest of it, turned out pretty good.

The only issue is that while it sat out in the sun at a shop waiting for the adjuster to come check it out, the mold that was inside dried out and stained the base of the carpet. So while it looks fine, if you shine a light on it or a flash from a camera, you can see the black spotting underneath.

47391055242_2c5a558705_h.jpg

33567874528_0144741662_h.jpg

All the fancy philosophy types say that life is a journey. Parts of your life can be a journey as well - with a beginning and an end.

Today, after more than 17 years that spanned Kent State University, Columbus State Community College, DeVry University, working for Schottenstein's and Walgreens, the United States Army, a deployment to Afghanistan, almost losing my foot to an IED, getting out with little idea of what to do, coming home, attending Washington State Community College, and finally Marietta College...

I am officially a graduate. View attachment 110646

My journey to my Bachelors Degree is complete!!!

I got the e-mail while at work at 6:35pm and was at Marietta College by 7:10pm to pick it up. View attachment 110647

17 years is a long time to amass people to thank, so I cannot possibly remember all of you. But Grandma & Grandpa, Gram & Pap, my mother and father Larry Sampson, my brother Ryan Sampson, the educators and advisers, friends and associates... From the bottom of my heart, thank you for persevering with me. For sticking it out, for believing in me that I could accomplish this.

This is the first day of the rest of my life. And I can't wait to get started with all of you!

Eternally Grateful,
Jordan Sampson

View attachment 110644

View attachment 110645

Congratulations on a job well done. So good to hear from another person who overcame adversity by deciding to be a victor as opposed to a victim.

Nope, not yet. Waiting to hear back from about 5 or 6 I have with the Ohio government.

Well, all the positions with the Ohio EPA/DNR have been filled and I didn't get one. Damn. I'd have liked to have moved back to Columbus for a few years.

Only bright part at this point is I was referred to the hiring manager for a Federal geologist position - in Thorne Bay, Alaska! Pay is incredible to me, but I dunno if I'm keen on the idea. Town population of 471. lol Apparently there's remote and then there's this place. Sounds perfect for the Jeep.

I guess we'll see what happens.

Congratulations! I am also an MC graduate. Sure wish I had my TJ when I was there, because I used to explore the shit out of the region.

It took me a bit longer to get it done too, but I'm still glad I did.