I hate my 2005 TJ steering wheel

Wow, what a country we live in where we complain about the looks of our steering wheels. Just saying.😃

I complained the other day about having to repeatedly interrupt a Zoom call to go upstairs to start a new episode of a show my kid was watching because my wife was out getting eyelash extensions and Disney+ doesn't automatically start the next episode, The situation was like 4 dimensions of first world problems.

I've been bitching like a child all day because my shitty T-mobile connection isn't showing the Master's on my iPhone in hi-def while I'm working.

Another reason to hate modern shit. I changed my CJ steering wheel out with a Grant 3 spoke. Took all of about an hour, mainly because of the amount of beer involved.

🍻
As i was rereading these posts I was thinking the same thing. I loved my cj7, and one of the first things I did was the steering wheel swap to a Grant 3 spoke...The good old days I guess.

I put a steering wheel from a WJ Overland in mine.

steering wheel.jpeg

Last edited:
i wonder if the newer steering wheels would work on my 2001? I've always liked the 4 point one's better.

Redline goods makes a good wrap kit for both the leather and rubber steering wheel. The company is from Poland, too. For roughly $100, they send you the leather wrap, new padding and heavy Duty waxed nylon thread. You can also opt to have thicker padding or thumb-grips, 2-tone, center stripe, and more. Patience is a virtue when installing. From dismounting my factory wheel, removing the old leather/padding to installing new then re-installing in the Jeep, I had spent about 4.5 hours total. Maybe 4 hours without drinking whiskey during the install.

20200816_151010_resized_2.jpg

20200816_154413_resized_2.jpg

20200816_181724_resized_2.jpg

20200817_091949_resized_2.jpg

really nice work!
I gotta get me one of those steering wheels first. How hard was it removing the air bag?

really nice work!
I gotta get me one of those steering wheels first. How hard was it removing the air bag?
Not hard. Don't let is scare you. Two bolts and two electrical connections. Disconnect the battery and after removed, place face up in case of accidental discharge.

Reactions: Vasq
Wrap it in paracord. This seemed like a good idea when I started. Now I’ve rubbed all the skin from my fingertips.

image.jpg