I knew Rough Country made some questionable stuff, but...

I wish I could see it in person. It must look so silly with 3" of body gap!

Reactions: JP13
My neighbor across the street just bought his high school age son a TJ with a 3" body lift. I told my wife that I'm just hoping they initiate a Jeep conversation one day so that I can really check it all out and offer constructive criticism (if asked for my opinion).

Chris - it looks very silly, and unsafe.

I don't know if it actually is unsafe, but I would think with the body sitting that high up it's got to put a lot of stress on those bolts / body lift pucks when the vehicle is turning corners and what not!

Why do they even make a 3" body lift in the first place? This must be to sell to the very misinformed.

Reactions: JP13
What?!?! You mean this doesn't look good? ;-)

bodylift.jpg

I wish I could see it in person. It must look so silly with 3" of body gap!
They do look odd and they are not even in the realm of a good way to do things. That said, I wheeled in JV with a guy that had one back when the trails were easier by a small amount. I questioned his sanity when all he had done was a 3" body lift for 35's with some bump stop work and he had an Atlas.
He explained that his lift to fit 35's cost about 100 bucks and he was able to take the money he saved and buy the Atlas which he said was something he was going to do no matter how he built his rig. At the end of the day, his body lifted TJ went the same places we went and ran the same trails we ran and with no more or less difficulties than any of the rest of us.

It's hard to dispute his logic when it didn't affect where he went.

They do look odd and they are not even in the realm of a good way to do things. That said, I wheeled in JV with a guy that had one back when the trails were easier by a small amount. I questioned his sanity when all he had done was a 3" body lift for 35's with some bump stop work and he had an Atlas.
He explained that his lift to fit 35's cost about 100 bucks and he was able to take the money he saved and buy the Atlas which he said was something he was going to do no matter how he built his rig. At the end of the day, his body lifted TJ went the same places we went and ran the same trails we ran and with no more or less difficulties than any of the rest of us.

It's hard to dispute his logic when it didn't affect where he went.

Is it safe to have that much body lift?