If we remastered the TJ and LJ? 🤔

Not trying to beat a dead horse with this. This was just a really good picture.

This area must be kept from the peering eyes of those with OCD.

What an abortion.😣
View attachment 147578

Beautiful paint, by the way! All original?
Thank you, yes, all original paint, still needs some TLC, cut, polished, and sealed. It stays in the garage and has been in storage off and on since I purchased it while visiting Hawaii. It currently sits with 14k miles on it. Like I mentioned earlier, I have other projects that consume a majority of my time, like my YJ thats under the knife.

The body seams are very tough with Jeep tubs (YJ and TJ/LJ specifically). The seams Are somewhat wide and tend to collect dirt and even wax when trying to correct them.

Reactions: bedhed
Then theres the AEV Highliner

View attachment 147588
I never knew those were like that. Maybe they kept the same bends of the original, and just modified the height?

Hindsight is 20/20

Likely the engineers kept designs from one body style to another since some tubs were not drastic in changes. Example being a CJ tub to the YJ tub.

Sharing some parts and designs from previous generations cuts down on cost drastically, in return it keeps the MSRP down, which customers are very fond of.

That being said, engineering cost money. Now body engineering is all about safety and fuel economy.
Yeah, I can understand reusing parts, but it seems to me that something that misaligned would call for a little attention towards a pretty straightforward correction, considering the sticker price of a 2-door TJ anyway. I view that particular quirk as just a half-assed build on their part. A lack of pride, so it seems.

It's been many years since I've been next to a YJ, so you'd have to tell me if my eyes are fooling me here. Is the radius on the back end of the YJ fender a tighter bend? In the picture, it appears to be pinched tighter, as if it was done to match the seam behind it.

PicsArt_03-21-05.49.30.jpg

However it's shaped, it certainly fits better than the TJ fender.