I'm Stroking It!

Also found I had a stripped thread for the front break caliper in the passenger knuckle? So I only had one bolt holding it secure, drove it that way quite awhile. Did I mention that the driver back wheel cylinder had busted out the casting around the bleed screw so I had disconnected it and capped the brake line. Finally researched and found a heli coil kit, 35 bucks on Amazon.View attachment 32394Well my add, adhd, rdbd kicked in and a squirrel ran by, (you know they are still pissed at Lucky), and I drilled out the wrong thread! Imagine that. So I had a little extra practice at heli coiling! View attachment 32395 This is where the casting broke off the wheel cylinder.View attachment 32396
For future reference and anyone following along, wound wire inserts work much better in blind holes where you can't have a burr on the bolt that will thread them out the other side. You want a solid threaded insert for through holes so it can be locked in place with thread locking compound. The compound can wick through the wound wire inserts and cause other issues. EZ Lok, Time Sert and others of that style work best in through holes.

Reactions: Johnie Burns
Well the 05+ Ford super duty stuff seems popular these days as the fronts are stupid strong. The 10.5 sterling is starting to see love from the aftermarket making them a good choice to match it with. (seeing as they usually can be gotten as a pair) if you don't get a pair then the gm 14 bolt is bomb proof you want to make sure you get the right one though as they come in several flavors. The 9.5" ring gear one is semi float so why bother. The 11.5" one has no aftermarket support and is a huge boat anchor. The 10.5" flavor seems to be the one to build, its full float, strong, and has tones of aftermarket support. I don't have a ton of build details on the tip of my brain though as I went to JK axles and I never finished my one ton research.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk
The super duty 60 has a very very short drivers side axle tube that is hard to build off of. It is doable and Artec makes a weld on truss that look really nice. Better to look for older Ford kingpin front 60's. They are much harder to find.

Reactions: Johnie Burns
The super duty 60 has a very very short drivers side axle tube that is hard to build off of. It is doable and Artec makes a weld on truss that look really nice. Better to look for older Ford kingpin front 60's. They are much harder to find.
True, I'm thinking for coil over builds more than spring and shock based builds.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Well Im sticking with 36-37's so I found an 8.8 to put under her. Happen on it while buying a 1961 Comet Wagon to restore for my fiance to use for her interior decorating business. Like I need another project!

20180408_150412.jpg

20180225_164829.jpg

Well Im sticking with 36-37's so I found an 8.8 to put under her. Happen on it while buying a 1961 Comet Wagon to restore for my fiance to use for her interior decorating business. Like I need another project!
I am going to 35s next and though Yukon says that 35s are OK on the 8.8 stock, they recommend the ultimate 88 kit for anything bigger. I really want to get that next but it's hard justifying it when I'm still on 33s

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ok finally installed the Rough Country SYE and drive shaft! Wow what a difference. Took out the transfer case drop as well. No vibration at all!
20180415_212851_1.jpg

Yes I did adjust the pinion angle after I took the pic. ;)
But on the pump a side of the intake tube casing broke off. The tube still seated in and felt snug but does this happen alot or Im I just lucky?
20180415_171946.jpg

Been put on the back burner. :(
Had to get the vibration out after the lift, fiberglassing the dash, Im swamped at work, and my Jeep came with 3.07's and Im running 36x13.5x15 super swampers so 4.88's going into an 8.8 is my current project then Im going to focus on the stroker.
20180408_150348.jpg

My SHG was throwing up a bicep but a took the pic to soon! Lmbo. Its nice that she supports my addiction!