Input needed on KC HiLiTES

Well, it turns out that Cross-Axled Customs' supplier is out of stock on the 130W KC Daylighters in black, so they're refunding my money. While I've requested the availability of the stainless steel version, I don't have much hope. I've searched vendor after vender, and I have only found one set of the black ones (with the spread beam) for sale, and that was on Amazon. The price was $40 higher, plus I'll get dinged for tax, but what are ya gonna do? It looks like the 130W Daylighters are a discontinued item. KC HiLiTES doesn't even have the 130W versions on their website anymore. Also, I saw a vendor's note that said the replacement 130W bulbs have been discontinued by the manufacturer. So for those of you that have 'em, just a heads-up...

*There still appear to be some vendors selling the 130W spot beam lights, but I want the spread beam. Still, I found no 130W halogen Daylighters on KC HiLiTES website. Pretty sure they are a discontinued item from the manufacturer...

Last edited:
I picked up a set of kc daylights and was worried about overloading the stock wiring so swapped in a 20 watt led bulb. I didn't feel like a rewire, just spliced in at the factory connectors.

Stock is on the left, trucklites and the kc are on the right.

Reactions: Squatch
I just put my HiLite KC's on Saturday, electronics ain't my "thang" either, but the wiring harness and instructions make it a breeze. Just wished I'd had the switch for my panel so I had to use theirs and mount their bracket to hold it, ugh! 1-10 in difficulty would be maybe a 6. Mine are the 6" 130W. AutoZone has the set for $120.

I just put my HiLite KC's on Saturday, electronics ain't my "thang" either, but the wiring harness and instructions make it a breeze. Just wished I'd had the switch for my panel so I had to use theirs and mount their bracket to hold it, ugh! 1-10 in difficulty would be maybe a 6. Mine are the 6" 130W. AutoZone has the set for $120.View attachment 75909View attachment 75911View attachment 75912
They look great! However, I'm looking for the 130W Daylighters, and those appear to be the SlimLites. When I checked on AutoZone's website, they had the SlimLites in 130W, but no listing at all for the Daylighters.
So, is your TJ kind of a cream color, or is it just the lighting in the pic? Can't tell if it's cream, or white. Either way, that is sharp looking!

They look great! However, I'm looking for the 130W Daylighters, and those appear to be the SlimLites. When I checked on AutoZone's website, they had the SlimLites in 130W, but no listing at all for the Daylighters.
So, is your TJ kind of a cream color, or is it just the lighting in the pic? Can't tell if it's cream, or white. Either way, that is sharp looking!
Gobi, thank's. Well, I got a big education yesterday and learned mine are actually "spots" @ 100W. Thought I was buying "spread" but nope made a mistake. The "Daylighters" are listed on their website, albeit pricy. I'll just keep running these unless I get pulled over, but I live in a pretty rural area so we'll see.

Gobi, thank's. Well, I got a big education yesterday and learned mine are actually "spots" @ 100W. Thought I was buying "spread" but nope made a mistake. The "Daylighters" are listed on their website, albeit pricy. I'll just keep running these unless I get pulled over, but I live in a pretty rural area so we'll see.
I don’t recall seeing the Daylighters listed at all. Maybe I just didn’t see any in 130W... I can’t recall. Either way, your Slimlites are still nice!👍🏻

Reactions: Tray Burge
Had the Slimlites on my 98 for years and had them wired to factory wiring and switch without any problems. One day I decided to re-wire them a little neater and realized the lights themselves were rusting quite a bit.. I pulled them off, contacted KC and they said ship 'em to us and we'll send you a brand new pair. Ok. Done and they did and wore those out pretty good.

Now i'm installing 4 of the Rally 400 smaller lights instead.. mainly due to the Slimlites not fitting on my new front bumper as well.

I run KC Slimlites on my bumper and KC Daylighters on my windshield frame.

They're plenty bright. Just the slimlites alone are as bright as the regular headlights.

Well, it turns out that Cross-Axled Customs' supplier is out of stock on the 130W KC Daylighters in black, so they're refunding my money. While I've requested the availability of the stainless steel version, I don't have much hope. I've searched vendor after vender, and I have only found one set of the black ones (with the spread beam) for sale, and that was on Amazon. The price was $40 higher, plus I'll get dinged for tax, but what are ya gonna do? It looks like the 130W Daylighters are a discontinued item. KC HiLiTES doesn't even have the 130W versions on their website anymore. Also, I saw a vendor's note that said the replacement 130W bulbs have been discontinued by the manufacturer. So for those of you that have 'em, just a heads-up...

*There still appear to be some vendors selling the 130W spot beam lights, but I want the spread beam. Still, I found no 130W halogen Daylighters on KC HiLiTES website. Pretty sure they are a discontinued item from the manufacturer...
I saw your thread here. Mostly I'm on the Gladiator forum page.

Did you ever find these? I found the 100watt halogen 6" round Daylighters, then found the 130 watt H3 bulbs on Amazon from Hella.

lights; https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=31239

bulbs; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078SJJQHQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I saw your thread here. Mostly I'm on the Gladiator forum page.

Did you ever find these? I found the 100watt halogen 6" round Daylighters, then found the 130 watt H3 bulbs on Amazon from Hella.

lights; https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=31239

bulbs; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078SJJQHQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I did finally locate a set, but it was after a helluva lot of searching. A lot of the places that had them listed on their sites turned out not having them in stock, and not knowing if there would be any more arriving.

I had KC Pro Sports on the last Jeep, loved them. They were HIDs, and got left on over night with the covers on, had to replace the lens as they kind of melted, lol. Got another set for the new Jeep in LEDs this time. Can't go wrong with KCs.