Interesting OPDA findings

I talked to Chris earlier this week about writing some threads on using a DRB III for certain functions. I actually have drafts of speedometer calibration and cam/crank relearn/syncing complete as of this morning. I will be proofing them and posting them by the end of the weekend. They will be very complete for 2005/6 model years, but not so for earlier because I have only had access to my 2005 LJ. I'll be adding details as I get access to other model years.

I just posted a thread on cam crank syncing:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...am-sensor-in-the-4-0l-engine-2000-2006.69520/
NOTE: I had the wrong link in this post and edited it with the correct one.

Last edited:
Reactions: sideproject
Looking for a couple of 2005/2006 original Mopar OPDA any condition.

The back story is that after a long search for a new Mopar CMP sensor to install in a Crown OPDA we found one last week. Installed it the Crown OPDA and it would not create a signal, bummer. So took the OPDA and a handful of different manufacturers sensors over to friend shop that had a distributor machine. We got the Crown OPDA and Mopar sensor to work but not in the standard Crown configuration. Several of the other sensors worked but not consistently.

Now what we would like to do is compare the stock original OPDA from Mopar to the Crown OPDA to compare specs. Problem is we throw away all our old Mopar OPDAs. Thus we are looking for your help to find a couple of old OPDA. Once we compare the specs we will publish our finding here.

Bill, if you still need a Chrysler OPDA, I have one that I'd be happy to donate. I just saw this post even though it's 3 years old. I'm in the Seattle area.

Reactions: sideproject