Is this a SKIM thing?

Cycle your ignition switch On-Off-On (not to Start) a dozen times, pausing each time it's in the On position for 2 seconds before turning it to off before cycling it again. Then try starting it and see what happens. Make sure you pause long enough in the On position each time so the fuel pump can run its full 1.8 seconds before the PCM shuts it off.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Cycle your ignition switch On-Off-On (not to Start) a dozen times, pausing each time it's in the On position for 2 seconds before turning it to off before cycling it again. Then try starting it and see what happens. Make sure you pause long enough in the On position each time so the fuel pump can run its full 1.8 seconds before the PCM shuts it off.
Ok, did that (thanks), I can hear the pump go, but no start.

Ok, did that (thanks), I can hear the pump go, but no start.
had a moment to look into this again, sprayed starter fluid into the throttle body and it started and ran. so i do have spark, and i am going to assume this verifies the crank position sensor as well as other ignition related issues, such as asd relay.

so i am going to approach this with the thought i didn't complete the fuel pump install correctly, maybe a wire got cut, not plugged in securely, ?

had a moment to look into this again, sprayed starter fluid into the throttle body and it started and ran. so i do have spark, and i am going to assume this verifies the crank position sensor as well as other ignition related issues, such as asd relay.

so i am going to approach this with the thought i didn't complete the fuel pump install correctly, maybe a wire got cut, not plugged in securely, ?
Good news report.......and valuable lesson learned. When i broke down, first thing i checked was fuses. All were good. So i changed the fuel pump and resolved the skim computer issue. Still didn't fire. Convinced i screwed up something during the tank drop, etc, I started to unbolt it again to lower it down and inspect. Had a thought to check the fuses again, even though i knew they were good at the start of this. There it was, blown 20 amp fuel fuse. Replaced and boom.....Bob's you uncle. Must have blown it during the repairs. Starts and runs great again. So installed the new rancho 9000 adjustable shocks, new adjustable control arms, next is to dial in the geometry correctly and install the rcv front shafts and black magic big brake kit. Then i need to go on a long off-road 'test'. Smiling again to have my friend back😎

Reactions: CodaMan