Is this axle-side control arm bushing welded on?

Im almost considering buying the whole kit again and get a friend to weld it all in for a case of beer. Then I know exactly what I have and Learn how to do it right.

Im almost considering buying the whole kit again and get a friend to weld it all in for a case of beer. Then I know exactly what I have and Learn how to do it right.
Wait until you can look at the c-clip groove. This may only be a $50 and a couple hour fix.

Keep in mind that the diff housing should have the same JJ in it.

Wait until you can look at the c-clip groove. This may only be a $50 and a couple hour fix.

Keep in mind that the diff housing should have the same JJ in it.

The snap ring is the C-clip?

The JJ tool is $100 to make the new joint once I get it out anyway.

plus the other joint on top of the Diff is $50. plus getting all of the proper replacement parts is just about the same and buying the whole kit,

The snap ring is the C-clip?

Yes. It fits into a groove machined into the housing. It needs to be snug. It may not be any more.

The JJ tool is $100 to make the new joint once I get it out anyway.

plus the other joint on top of the Diff is $50. plus getting all of the proper replacement parts is just about the same and buying the whole kit,

A press can be made for significantly less than $100. It only needs to work for this job.

I almost have a method. The snap ring can move but still won't budge.

20190113_125913.jpg

Reactions: jjvw
I almost have a method. The snap ring can move but still won't budge.

View attachment 72149
It may be possible to screw this up worse, but probably only with a grinder and a cutting torch.
The snap ring fits into a groove. You need to press the washer in slightly to relieve pressure so you can close the snap ring together and remove it from the groove. Once it is out of the groove, the washer that holds the urethane race in can be removed and then the ball, and then the other race and then the other washer. You do not have room to move the snap ring out of the groove.

Reactions: Brad W
When you get you new kit, you might want to test fit your new snap rings before putting everything else in.

Reactions: Brad W