"Jeep Adventures"

lowranger

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
There are a ton of great threads on here about upgrading and fixing things on our Jeeps, I have learned a lot on this forum.
So I wanted to start a thread about using our Jeeps what they were meant for. Posting trips we have taken, so others can learn and see new country. It can be just a day trip or a week or longer trip. Be sure to say where the pictures were taken.
I will start with our "Adventure" to Moab in 2014 (our second time there). We are going back in 2019.
There were 4 rigs that went. We traveled together from Northern California. Took two days to arrive in Moab Utah.

CIMG7406.JPG
CIMG7458.JPG
CIMG7497.JPG
CIMG7507.JPG
CIMG7555.JPG
CIMG7692.JPG
CIMG7373.JPG

CIMG7357.JPG

That looks like such a blast. Moab is the first place I’m going as soon as the girls get a little older!

Reactions: billiebob
Great stuff, LR. Gonna do Moab sometime. Cool thing about Moab is there are trails for all levels.
We have been going every year and this is my absolute favorite part of Moab. There all trails for all levels of drivers and rigs and they may not be equal. For example just about any high clearance 4x4 can do this trail called Fins n Things because it's mostly just steep slickrock but it's a test on new drivers because of the steepness of some of the fins and some off camber things. We do it every time because I still love it but now after probably 20 times on it is more about the memories and tradition because the thrill is long gone. Now we have ventured out into other trails that have tested the rig more than it tested me and also have done some that are the opposite where I was at pucker factor 10 and the Jeep was like, Meh.

b66285151c4eb6e13bebd5f4fb2ab88a.jpg

3f7bfc47d4a3a7e28d2f68267e378db8.jpg

4f4a370327ec39b8a564bec56433b577.jpg

5d4dcd2ccc9985763cbe52d59da779c9.jpg

fc3c3917ff525b458f3ddcd4f9a7f87b.jpg

I would love to get out into some great mountains to explore like in Colorado or something someday. We recently moved from salt lake city Utah to Las Vegas so my bearings are all out of whack on where to go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We have been going every year and this is my absolute favorite part of Moab. There all trails for all levels of drivers and rigs and they may not be equal. For example just about any high clearance 4x4 can do this trail called Fins n Things because it's mostly just steep slickrock but it's a test on new drivers because of the steepness of some of the fins and some off camber things. We do it every time because I still love it but now after probably 20 times on it is more about the memories and tradition because the thrill is long gone. Now we have ventured out into other trails that have tested the rig more than it tested me and also have done some that are the opposite where I was at pucker factor 10 and the Jeep was like, Meh.

View attachment 38084

View attachment 38085

View attachment 38086

View attachment 38087

View attachment 38088

I would love to get out into some great mountains to explore like in Colorado or something someday. We recently moved from salt lake city Utah to Las Vegas so my bearings are all out of whack on where to go.

Fins and Things is one of my favorites as well. It’s a great first trail of a trip. I have probably done it 10 times. You can get in some trouble on that trail if you get complacent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fins and things is a great trail. We did fins and things then we did "Hells Revenge" that's close to Fins and Things.
I would love to do hells revenge! I was so enraged when I watched a video of a guy mocking it because he "did" the trail in his subaru outback with a 2 inch lift. I was like screaming at my computer, "you bypassed everything on the entire trail!! That's not *doing* the trail!! Poser!" Sorry for the rant, apparently I'm still worked up over it but I just have a thing against subaru and their stereotypical owners which in this case was true.

Reactions: KCsTJ and JMT
I would love to do hells revenge! I was so enraged when I watched a video of a guy mocking it because he "did" the trail in his subaru outback with a 2 inch lift. I was like screaming at my computer, "you bypassed everything on the entire trail!! That's not *doing* the trail!! Poser!" Sorry for the rant, apparently I'm still worked up over it but I just have a thing against subaru and their stereotypical owners which in this case was true.

We did Hells Revenge, the first part with familiarize you with your sphincter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I neeeeed to get to Moab....... The trails, the scenery and the Jeeps. The pics looks amazing but I know the pics don't do the place justice.
One day kiwi, one day :(

Reactions: JMT and BendLarry
We recently moved from salt lake city Utah to Las Vegas so my bearings are all out of whack on where to go.

I hear you... we move from Grand Juction to Tucson and feel the same way. I reconize many of the trails you are on. I do miss that part of the world.

I neeeeed to get to Moab....... The trails, the scenery and the Jeeps. The pics looks amazing but I know the pics don't do the place justice.
One day kiwi, one day :(
hah! finally! I knew one day something you will be envious from us, you don't have rocky mountains in NZ.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
hah! finally! I knew one day something you will be envious from us, you don't have rocky mountains in NZ.
I'm jealous of lots of things you have over there lol...we do have rocky mountains but there in the south island and nothing like Moab though....