"Jeep Adventures"

So as most of you know I am from the northwest so I don't know too many places here in Arizona yet, but I found this place. It is a town up in a the woods. You have to have a 4x4 or quad or bike to get there. Once you are there there is a couple of restaurants and a saloon, general store stuff like that. It is a lot of fun to go wheeling to.

IMG_0817.JPG
IMG_0822.JPG
IMG_0801.JPG
IMG_0810.JPG

Reactions: ac_
There are a ton of great threads on here about upgrading and fixing things on our Jeeps, I have learned a lot on this forum.
So I wanted to start a thread about using our Jeeps what they were meant for. Posting trips we have taken, so others can learn and see new country. It can be just a day trip or a week or longer trip. Be sure to say where the pictures were taken.
I will start with our "Adventure" to Moab in 2014 (our second time there). We are going back in 2019.
There were 4 rigs that went. We traveled together from Northern California. Took two days to arrive in Moab Utah.

View attachment 38050 View attachment 38051 View attachment 38052 View attachment 38053 View attachment 38054 View attachment 38055 View attachment 38049
View attachment 38048
Definitely looks like a great trip. I'm going to have to add it to the bucket list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

So as most of you know I am from the northwest so I don't know too many places here in Arizona yet, but I found this place. It is a town up in a the woods. You have to have a 4x4 or quad or bike to get there. Once you are there there is a couple of restaurants and a saloon, general store stuff like that. It is a lot of fun to go wheeling to.

View attachment 38991 View attachment 38992 View attachment 38993 View attachment 38994
That is really cool finding a place like that. Post up some more pictures when you go back.

I did some trails and back roads MondayView attachment 39175 View attachment 39176 View attachment 39177 View attachment 39178 View attachment 39179 View attachment 39180 View attachment 39181 View attachment 39182 View attachment 39183 in the Tahulya State Forest in Belfair WA. Nothing serious as I was by myself and while my wrists are no longer broken they are less than 50%. Just a nice drive in the woods.

I have been to Tahuya many times. I doesn't look any different. Lots of fun times to be had there! Nice pictures thanks for the ride down memory lane!

Jorge >>>> did you made it up there?
View attachment 38374
Jorge >>>> did you made it up there?
View attachment 38374

LOL! No. @TJ2
Actually that is the lower part of the 60' cliff, The first time we visit that park the LJ was fully OEM and I can't go high enough due the rear bumper. The second time I do have 33's and the tire carrier bumper and went quite higher, this time I was able to climb up higher but not to where I do want to, gas tank still not tucked and I no want anything to do with a puncture gas tank. One of this may i made it, who knows...

That is really cool finding a place like that. Post up some more pictures when you go back.

Ok The wifee and I went up for a Crown King day trip today. It was dusty.
The verdict is. It is a great day trip, and there is camping, but to get to the camping it is really tight. Would have a tough time getting a trailer up there. There isn't any lakes around, but camping with a tent and a quad, meaning taking the big truck would be a fun weekend.

The town is small, it has a restaurant, a fire station, a Saloon, and a general store with one gas pump. There is also a gift store that sells food also. It is accessible with a 4x4. You can do it with just about any 4x4, this includes side by sides and quads.

The restaurant did do some mending of the driveway. It used to be that you had to actually put it in 4 wheel drive to get in the parking lot, but no issues today. The food is expensive, but seriously really good. I mean if you go there it is worth while to eat there.

On the drive up there
IMG_0498.JPG

Almost there

IMG_0494.JPG

At the restaurant

IMG_0490.JPG

The driveway up to the restaurant
IMG_0488.JPG

In the restaurant

IMG_0486.JPG

This is how we park downtown

IMG_0500.JPG

Sometimes you have to stop for cows

"I gotta go we have cows!"

IMG_0503.JPG

Was a fun day, with beautiful weather!

Ok The wifee and I went up for a Crown King day trip today. It was dusty.
The verdict is. It is a great day trip, and there is camping, but to get to the camping it is really tight. Would have a tough time getting a trailer up there. There isn't any lakes around, but camping with a tent and a quad, meaning taking the big truck would be a fun weekend.

The town is small, it has a restaurant, a fire station, a Saloon, and a general store with one gas pump. There is also a gift store that sells food also. It is accessible with a 4x4. You can do it with just about any 4x4, this includes side by sides and quads.

The restaurant did do some mending of the driveway. It used to be that you had to actually put it in 4 wheel drive to get in the parking lot, but no issues today. The food is expensive, but seriously really good. I mean if you go there it is worth while to eat there.

On the drive up there
View attachment 40015

Almost there

View attachment 40016

At the restaurant

View attachment 40017

The driveway up to the restaurant
View attachment 40018

In the restaurant

View attachment 40019

This is how we park downtown

View attachment 40020

Sometimes you have to stop for cows

"I gotta go we have cows!"

View attachment 40021

Was a fun day, with beautiful weather!
Is this in Arizona between Quartzsite and Lake Havasu?