Virginia TJ Fest 2021 East Coast Caravan to Moab, Utah

Hey. Yeah we're real close. I am not a member of MOJO. I've never really been a member of a Jeep club. I did sign up for Muddy Buddys and went to a few meetings, but that is about it. Are you in MOJO? How do you like it? I usually go wheel with other TJ Forum members from other states.
Yes I am, I joined a few months ago. I just got my jeep last august and it's only my 2nd tj. First one I didnt have long. I got it back when i was in college and i could barely afford the gas.
I wanted to do a road trip this year and settled on trying to go to moab. My jeep however was bone stock. Came from canada and I found it at a used dealership with only 65k miles and mostly rust free for a jeep. That's why I joined mojo, to get some offroad experience because I've never done any offroading.
I went on one ride with them in vinton county last month and it quickly became clear to me that I needed to upgrade my jeep a bit. While it performed fantastic and did everything these new giant jeeps were able to do I just didnt have the clearance i needed. So I've ordered a 2inch lift that should be here in a week or two. I also found 5 nice 2006 rubicon moab rims so I can get some 31s or 32s put on the jeep. I dont want to go full rock crawler but I want to be a bit better than stock.
Then someone in a moab facebook group told me about this forum and tj fest so I'm trying to get it all done in time to go with you guys. It's getting pricey lol.
As for mojo, I had fun on the ride. Everyone in the group seems really helpful with anything you need and they do monthly rides and more.

Reactions: GEEP4ME
Yes I am, I joined a few months ago. I just got my jeep last august and it's only my 2nd tj. First one I didnt have long. I got it back when i was in college and i could barely afford the gas.
I wanted to do a road trip this year and settled on trying to go to moab. My jeep however was bone stock. Came from canada and I found it at a used dealership with only 65k miles and mostly rust free for a jeep. That's why I joined mojo, to get some offroad experience because I've never done any offroading.
I went on one ride with them in vinton county last month and it quickly became clear to me that I needed to upgrade my jeep a bit. While it performed fantastic and did everything these new giant jeeps were able to do I just didnt have the clearance i needed. So I've ordered a 2inch lift that should be here in a week or two. I also found 5 nice 2006 rubicon moab rims so I can get some 31s or 32s put on the jeep. I dont want to go full rock crawler but I want to be a bit better than stock.
Then someone in a moab facebook group told me about this forum and tj fest so I'm trying to get it all done in time to go with you guys. It's getting pricey lol.
As for mojo, I had fun on the ride. Everyone in the group seems really helpful with anything you need and they do monthly rides and more.
Cool. Do you need or want help installing your lift?

Thats a clean jeep! how hard was it for you to do the suspension lift?
It's not really hard to install a suspension lift. But going at a measured pace and cycling the axles to check for clearances and interference while installing it is very important.