Virginia TJ Fest 2021 East Coast Caravan to Moab, Utah

i wont be going )': ended up goin through a divorce. and now the ex-mother-in-law is jackin me around on the title. so i'm just getting rid of the jeep. Sorry doods
I’ve been through a divorce myself, it sucks but it will get better! Take care of yourself and if you need to talk or chat just send me a message.

I’d be interested in a east coast wheeling meetup if it comes to fruition. Not sure how realistic it would be to ever get my TJ to Moab. Has anyone looked into vehicle shipping prices to Moab? Just wondering what a ballpark figure is.

I’d be interested in a east coast wheeling meetup if it comes to fruition. Not sure how realistic it would be to ever get my TJ to Moab. Has anyone looked into vehicle shipping prices to Moab? Just wondering what a ballpark figure is.
I have not for that specifically, but I bought a 96 F350 crewcab long bed and it was $1600 from Oregon to Virginia...... and $3,000 worth of body damage from the tool bag drivers........

I have not for that specifically, but I bought a 96 F350 crewcab long bed and it was $1600 from Oregon to Virginia...... and $3,000 worth of body damage from the tool bag drivers........
Yikes. I had a buddy that transported his car from Hawaii after he moved and the car above his, on the boat or trailer that transported the vehicles, had leaked oil all over his car.

Yikes. I had a buddy that transported his car from Hawaii after he moved and the car above his, on the boat or trailer that transported the vehicles, had leaked oil all over his car.
I thought you had to drain fluids for ocean travel.

I picked up a friends car in Orlando that had been transported from Hawaii. We did not have to service it at all and I would be surprised if someone else did.
Interesting, may depend on destination. I watched Cleetus (YouTube) ship his car to Australia for summer nats and they had to drain it to put it in a container.

I also had someone try to charge me $25,000 once for oil contamination in a container in Singapore, problem was we only shipped a large weldment that had no liquids in it. Pretty much told them to pound sand.

The Hawaii to Orlando was a military move so perhaps someone along the line did it.

It would seem very time consuming to drain fluids from all those cars and then have to refill before they can drive them off the ship.

Reactions: Apparition
I'm just seeing this as a new member and am really excited about the possibility of goin. Moab and Arches is a gorgeous area!! IF I can swing it, I will trailer my 04 just because I haven't had it long and have never driven it over 100 miles at one time. I would be willing to pull several units if we can find a large trailer. My GMC 3500 has pulled a 20K lb 43ft toy hauler over I-70 pass through Denver so I'm not concerned with the weight of several units. Anyway, just a thought if someone needed a pull. Not sure if I can make it yet but should be able to get a better idea in a few weeks. Definitely, would be in for TJ Fest East. Zip 30720. N W GA. We would need to strive for 600 mi / day to make it in 3 days. That is a 12 hr day, aver 50MPH including 3 pit stops, for fuel and food. each stop would have to be 30 min or less and run as close to 70 as possible to maintain the average with traffic etc. especially east of KC. JMHO.

Hey TJers,

It seems to me that there is enough of us coming from the east coast who want to overland our way to Moab Utah next year that we should have our own thread dedicated to organizing this trip so we don't add to the more posts to the TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (4/24/2021–5/1/2021) thread (at time of writing 62 pages)

So far I have talked to the following about caravaning:
@4squarelights (My buddy Jacob)
@FireJeep
@Yellow_Machine

The following members have been mentioned by @Yellow_Machine but I have not personally chatted with:
@Brianj5600
@RD3

I have created the following map.
TJ Fest 2021 East Coast to Moab Map

It's view only, I'll be editing and updating it, if you would please list where you are leaving from so I can start figuring out where we can meet up and start planning our overlanding spots as well. I don't need exact locations, just city/town/county from where you are leaving! This is just to get a rough estimate of where everyone is!

Currently we are working on figuring out the following:
  1. Who wants to caravan?
  2. How long do we want to drive per day?
  3. How long do people have off for this trip?
  4. Are we doing this one way or round trip?
  5. Is there a specific speed we want to try to stick to?

Thank you so much!
Grant
I’m definitely going, I can meet you all in St. Louis. I’ll be coming from PA.
Going to be towing my TJR with my converted Ambulance. I’m good with whatever might never go back to PA.

Pics of ambulance!!!!
I’m still in progress of building, eventually would like to convert to 4 x 4 like the second pic! but heres my Vamper for now
It’s an 03 7.3 Diesel super duty on a one ton.

2A6E0696-E319-4380-B1AF-841581BCA933.jpeg

1CBA0DDD-96A2-4363-90E3-020CDA23C0A1.jpeg

70 has tolls and is faster but 36 has no tolls and takes about an hour longer.
Hey taylor I couldnt help but notice we are practically neighbors. I'm just over in Huber. Are you a member of mojo by chance as well?
Well anyway I just had to say hi once I noticed. Things like that just make this big world feel a little smaller.

Hey taylor I couldnt help but notice we are practically neighbors. I'm just over in Huber. Are you a member of mojo by chance as well?
Well anyway I just had to say hi once I noticed. Things like that just make this big world feel a little smaller.
Hey. Yeah we're real close. I am not a member of MOJO. I've never really been a member of a Jeep club. I did sign up for Muddy Buddys and went to a few meetings, but that is about it. Are you in MOJO? How do you like it? I usually go wheel with other TJ Forum members from other states.