"Jeep Adventures"

Jorge >>>> did you made it up there?
upload_2018-4-11_5-58-48.png

*********Story Time********

So the wife and I loaded up this am for a trip to our “Secret” swimming hole in Mendocino NF. The trail getting down to the swim spot has big wash outs and dips so we got the shovel and pick ax, toe rope and basic tools. We got 10 miles up the mountain and see a guy WALKING towards us. He gives the universal Stop signal by waving his hands over his head. So this guy is from Roseville down by Sac, he is having a ruff patch with his wife and she kicked him out. Anyway, he thought it would be a good idea to come up and cross over into Covalo. Well he didn’t make it. He got stuck in the snow last night and had to sleep in his Nissan Extera. He walked 20 MILES this morning where we picked him up. We headed back up with him in the back with my dog and got back to his Nissan. He was literally 10 feet into a snow patch. Couldn’t get out. So I hooked up to him and popped him out . He was super thankful obviously but man TRAVEL PREPARED guys. So after that we head down to our swim spot to clean the trail up. Saw a momma bear and two cubs! It was so cool momma bear took off but the cubs were not sure what to do lol
Good times

86DCCA72-60E6-4B6C-B436-B48D148E9204.jpeg
F69F8D61-4DB5-40F0-A55C-FC209249B185.jpeg
9BD8EF62-D3D3-43B5-AE42-A1017171E3D7.jpeg
D17407CD-E3FE-4DBD-8BAC-62483A545408.jpeg
A76E05C6-AC37-4D93-97A8-DF5642EDEEEF.jpeg
3F18E048-6A54-4D8A-B97D-C1AD50034D82.jpeg
5651CE90-91B7-4A93-B72A-0310D68F8DFC.jpeg

*********Story Time********

So the wife and I loaded up this am for a trip to our “Secret” swimming hole in Mendocino NF. The trail getting down to the swim spot has big wash outs and dips so we got the shovel and pick ax, toe rope and basic tools. We got 10 miles up the mountain and see a guy WALKING towards us. He gives the universal Stop signal by waving his hands over his head. So this guy is from Roseville down by Sac, he is having a ruff patch with his wife and she kicked him out. Anyway, he thought it would be a good idea to come up and cross over into Covalo. Well he didn’t make it. He got stuck in the snow last night and had to sleep in his Nissan Extera. He walked 20 MILES this morning where we picked him up. We headed back up with him in the back with my dog and got back to his Nissan. He was literally 10 feet into a snow patch. Couldn’t get out. So I hooked up to him and popped him out . He was super thankful obviously but man TRAVEL PREPARED guys. So after that we head down to our swim spot to clean the trail up. Saw a momma bear and two cubs! It was so cool momma bear took off but the cubs were not sure what to do lol
Good times

View attachment 38733 View attachment 38734 View attachment 38736 View attachment 38731 View attachment 38732 View attachment 38730 View attachment 38735

I’ve had high water’s campfire stout beer (leaves you wanting S’more). How was the sugaree maple pecan pie?

Reactions: Thunderhead
I’ve had high water’s campfire stout beer (leaves you wanting S’more). How was the sugaree maple pecan pie?

The Campfire stout is better. I can taste the pecan the first few sips but it gets..... stronger and all I can taste is alcohol. Not bad at all though. 9.8%

Reactions: UpperMI
In June of 2016 bobthetj03 put on a Jeep run in the area of Castle Crags in Northern California. 6 Jeeps joined up with JB.
It was a great weekend Jeep run, meeting up on Friday and camping out. 7 Jeeps total counting JB's Jeep showed up for the run.....although you will only see 6 Jeeps in the pictures. Too much parting Friday night kept a JK owner in camp for the Saturday Jeep run. A great weekend!
DSCN1349.JPG
DSCN1292.JPG
DSCN1300.JPG
DSCN1314.JPG
DSCN1319.JPG

Some beautiful shots there....are you all just starting Spring time...plenty of time behind the wheel this year.