Jeep guns

I’ve built 3 AR’s in .45 acp using dedicated greasegun mag lowers. They’re my favorite .45s. But I do have a sbr application [my second] at the atf to shorten a AO Thompson down to the correct 10.5 in bbl. Here’s a ruger mini 30 that I rebuilt into a M1a with the help of Accuracy Systems [bbl work], I put the ruger into a M14 stock and did the paint. View attachment 101161

How accurate is that Accuracy Systems barrel? Noticeable improvement over stock?

8DC03688-CD68-4A4E-953D-BB5B6E4CB55B.jpeg
In all honesty my goal was to build a mini into a m14 lookalike. I wasn’t going for the most accuracy though the brace on mine should improve what my stock bbl would be capable of. I’m sure that their heavy bbl and block would out perform a stock mini bbl.

I don't think you really know what your talking about. 22s. Have killed a lot of people. A friend of mine was killed by one when him and a buddy were out squirrel hunting. He jumped back in the truck, forgot the safety was still off, bumped the 22 on something, it went off hitting him in the head. Dead on the spot.
Never said it wouldn't, you could kill someone with a screwdriver for that matter. ANY BODY that knows anything about firearms isn't going to carry a .22 for self defense, that's silly. That's all I said, in a condensed form. Sorry if sarcasm eludes you.

This got all blown out of proportion. I just posted a picture of the Ruger saying it would make a good "Jeep" gun because it had the same name as our Jeeps "Wrangler".... that's all.

I apologize then, I got the "Wrangler" reference, but when most people talk about a vehicle gun, typically they are talking about a self defense firearm.

ANY BODY that knows anything about firearms isn't going to carry a .22 for self defense, that's silly.

I know several people that carry them, and whom are knowledgeable about firearms. The general rule for selecting a concealed handgun is "the largest caliber you can shoot reliably in the smallest package that you can comfortably handle" and for some people, that's a small .22 auto or revolver. Usually, it's an elderly person or someone with severely compromised hand strength, or someone that has an arm/wrist/shoulder disability that precludes heavy-caliber use by way of recoil, slide operation, or trigger pull. A great many subcompact pistols - even .25's and .380's - still have a very heavy spring and trigger, and if someone simply doesn't have a lot of hand strength, they're very difficult to operate...so that tends to push them towards a .22 or one sort or another. Is it optimal? No, of course not...but for a lot of folks that want to protect themselves, it's a very valid option.

This got all blown out of proportion. I just posted a picture of the Ruger saying it would make a good "Jeep" gun because it had the same name as our Jeeps "Wrangler".... that's all.

Like I said earlier: if you want something that you can just throw on/under the seat and not worry about it, that's a solid choice. And the name certainly matches.

"
Ruger makes a "Wrangler", that should be a good " Jeep" gun."
Was your comment, if it wasn't for self defense then what do you want it for? Shooting road varmint from your Jeep? lol
Geeeee...relax. Have you ever heard of survival? Say you get stuck or break down in the back country. Shoot a rabbit or squirrel to eat.

Reactions: Tray Burge
Geeeee...relax. Have you ever heard of survival? Say you get stuck or break down in the back country. Shoot a rabbit or squirrel to eat.
Ha, ha lol, that's too funny. No, I'm one of "those" guys! My Jeep never leaves the pavement and if I can't buy it at the supper market, well you know the rest. I could hunt for survival, but that's about it, I'm just a shooter for fun.

Ha, ha lol, that's too funny. No, I'm one of "those" guys! My Jeep never leaves the pavement and if I can't buy it at the supper market, well you know the rest. I could hunt for survival, but that's about it, I'm just a shooter for fun.
Myself and a couple friends set up a camp for 3 days to hang out, four wheel a little and do a little hunting. I spotted a pig. My one friend had never gotten a wild pig before. He shot it, we went back to camp, hung it in a tree and skinned it. We were sitting around camp that evening talking and having a few beers. I got out of my chair, walked over to the pig, took out the tender loins, sprinkled some galic powder on them, put them on the BBQ and we at like Kings. :)

Myself and a couple friends set up a camp for 3 days to hang out, four wheel a little and do a little hunting. I spotted a pig. My one friend had never gotten a wild pig before. He shot it, we went back to camp, hung it in a tree and skinned it. We were sitting around camp that evening talking and having a few beers. I got out of my chair, walked over to the pig, took out the tender loins, sprinkled some galic powder on them, put them on the BBQ and we at like Kings. :)
Now I'd go pig hunting in a minute and have always wanted to go. Around here there's no season on them because of their menacing ways and you can shoot em anytime, not sure about else wear though.

Now I'd go pig hunting in a minute and have always wanted to go. Around here there's no season on them because of their menacing ways and you can shoot em anytime, not sure about else wear though.

Same here, can hunt them year round.

That's becoming more and more common. We have an effectively open season on them, along with coyotes, neither of them being native to the area. I do have to say that there's not a lot of challenge or sport offered by the typical set-up-and-snipe tactics - around here, in Redneckia, they shoot them over corn piles - but if you handgun hunt them at close range, things get a lot more interesting.

It's against the law the bait them here in California. We have to go out and "hunt" them.
Bow and arrow gets a little exciting too! It really pisses them off when you shoot them with an arrow. And what life they have left in them, they can do some damage. I made a perfect double lung shot on one, and what little time he had left, he was looking for me. Lucky there was an oak tree close by with low hanging limbs.

Reactions: Tray Burge