Jeep guns

I prefer 00 buckshot in a 2-3/4" 12 ga for home defense and I dont belive in racking a round so they can hear it, they should never hear anything except the hammer falling..

Reactions: lowranger
Shotgun for home defense in my situation. Pistols for carry. RIfle always nearby.

Never thought very highly of the .556, but like the AR platform. Always liked the 7.62x39 but never really liked the AK platform. Just picked up a Windham Weaponry 7.62x39 SRC. It eats whatever crummy steel cased 7.62x39 I load it and it shoots great. Nice rifle.

I wholeheartedly agree with that post (except for one inconsequential part), and I wish more people looked it that way. The bottom line is that only life is worth a life, and to that end, my father summed it up rather well: "If you use a gun, remember that you have to live with it, and that the other person doesn't." Thanks for posting, STG. (y)

Quite obviously you and STG know what you are talking about. One other thing I highly recommend is taking a course that covers the justification for the use of deadly force for the state you live in.

• Love
Reactions: Ericict
Reminton Rolling Blocks intrigue the crap out of me. I've fiddled with a couple and almost bought a repro carbine in 357 mag for the wife as a walk about gun. The real buffalo hunter's rifle. Simple and accurate.

Yup, heard of both. No brass in the collection for them though. I found a piece of 218 Bee brass laying around and added it to the collection. That was kinda cool. Still have my granddad' s 25-20 pump in the safe. The barrel is marked "Special Smokeless Steel". It's display only now. The barrel is shot out. The early small caliber pistols and rifles are cool. Not my thing, but cool none the less.

I'm more of a big bore person. Life starts at 8mm and gets interesting at 38-55. 40 caliber plus is my specialty. Have a 45 x 2-1/2 Express that Ive been playing with for years. (458 Win Mag) Cast and paper patched exclusivly. Fun times. Better velocity, unneeded, and much better accuracy. At about 14 pounds all up it's not something that's fun to pack around in the woods though.

I'd love to build a target rifle on a Ruger #1 action in 405 Winchester. Shoot paper patched out of it. Unfortunately, it would be stupid expensive and not very practical.

Well I happen to have an original Winchester Model 43 chambered in .218 Bee. It is sweet.

Reactions: StG58
Not to HiJack... and I didn't read the whole thread here. But, I went outside the box handgun wise. Bought a CZ 75B in 9mm the other day. A real shocker to my friends and family because I always pop caps with USA or German and Swiss hardware. Usually Colt, Sig, Glock, Browning HiPower kinda guy. With few exceptions.

But the CZ 75B is a valid contender for those of you who love the BHP, (which I do), but hate the trigger and mag disco.

I'm considering some comp shooting and the CZ 75 hit the magic place with... Cocked and Locked. BHP feel, and Double action as a bonus.

I still love the masters... 1911 and BHP... but this CZ may be my next best love... right up there with BHP, P226, P220, and G21 Glock.

Get rid of the mag. disco on the BHP and put a decent hammer and trigger in it from Cylinder and Slide. Still one of my favorites.

DSCN1268.JPG

Get rid of the mag. disco on the BHP and put a decent hammer and trigger in it from Cylinder and Slide. Still one of my favorites.

View attachment 91527
Nice! Very nice.

As for me. I've sold off my BHP's, except for a 75th anniversary specimen. Which I don't shoot. Its a safe queen. Like money in the bank.
CZ's are cheap in comparison and have the BHP feel, plus dbl action.

Although I love the BHP. I humbly recommend that you check out the CZ 75B, and / or SP01 pistols. They truly are remarkable. And at almost 1/2 the price of a BHP. And reduced wear on your fine BHPs.

$ in the bank.

Mmmmmm...1911's.
20190503_121553.jpg

Something like this maybe? GCE#### serial number in the very low hundreds. Still has the "finger" barrel bushing after several thousands of rounds through it. Extremely accurate with 230 grain ball ammo.

Last edited:
Quite obviously you and STG know what you are talking about. One other thing I highly recommend is taking a course that covers the justification for the use of deadly force for the state you live in.

It's part of what I do for a living. Also, it's worth mentioning that a great number of the states that offer CCH permits require you to take said class, or include it as part of the curriculum. Beyond those basics, it's up to the individual to educate themselves in the finer points of state firearm law. I usually suggest that people go directly to their state's Department of Justice and start from there.

Reactions: Ericict
It's part of what I do for a living. Also, it's worth mentioning that a great number of the states that offer CCH permits require you to take said class, or include it as part of the curriculum. Beyond those basics, it's up to the individual to educate themselves in the finer points of state firearm law. I usually suggest that people go directly to their state's Department of Justice and start from there.

I hear ya. My training came from professionals and I never forgot the basics. I keep a copy of The PA Crimes Code book which covers the finer points of the use of deadly force. With that being said, even if the person is justified, the legal system will run them through the wringer. Even clean shoots from police officers are not that clean once subjected to the litigious process. It is not like Donnie Wahlberg shooting a perp on 'Bluebloods'.

Reactions: StG58
Nice! Very nice.

As for me. I've sold off my BHP's, except for a 75th anniversary specimen. Which I don't shoot. Its a safe queen. Like money in the bank.
CZ's are cheap in comparison and have the BHP feel, plus dbl action.

Although I love the BHP. I humbly recommend that you check out the CZ 75B, and / or SP01 pistols. They truly are remarkable. And at almost 1/2 the price of a BHP. And reduced wear on your fine BHPs.

$ in the bank.

I am at the point where I rarely buy anything new as I have more than I can ever shoot. I still shoot my BHP as I do all my own gunsmithing and don't worry about wear. The BHP just fits, points and shoots naturally.

Reactions: OldButStillJeeping
Never thought very highly of the .556, but like the AR platform. Always liked the 7.62x39 but never really liked the AK platform. Just picked up a Windham Weaponry 7.62x39 SRC. It eats whatever crummy steel cased 7.62x39 I load it and it shoots great. Nice rifle.

AR platforms are alot like Jeeps. You can build one customized to what you want.

DSCN1160.JPG

DSCN1024.JPG

DSCN1025.JPG

AR platforms are a lot like Jeeps: you can cover one up with garbage and have it work precisely NO BETTER than what the factory offered, and you can exhaust your bank account and make yourself look like a complete douchebag in the process.

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.

Depends on if you know what you are doing and what you want. You can buy an AR from one of the name brand companies like Daniel Defense, etc.. Within that line you have certain limited options which will satisfy a majority of shooters. If you want something specific like a certain twist rate barrel, trigger, buffer ass'y., barrel length or more you pretty much have to put your own together. I hand load so between the components and a specific load a properly built AR can damned near compete with a factory bolt gun; something impossible 35 years ago. I do see many ARs, on the line, as you described.

Just wanted to share my new yard sign. Had this in my head for several years...hurt coming out. Not sure baddies here will comprehend but I like it. Any ideas for new sayings, etc, if I make them up I’ll send you some gratis. I have all the 2A quotes and sayings. Not selling, sharing that once-a-decade good idea! I’m done until 2029.

E124BF7F-1A81-4649-9724-5990C65B257D.jpeg

Reactions: Jack72
I dont like to advertise "if" I have guns in the home or my vehicle...I dont do bumper stickers for 2A, it makes you a target around Utah by liberals who dont like guns...but I still believe a liberal is a future gun owner who has not been abused by a criminal YET.

On a side note, that stupid fucker David Hogg was on the news yesterday...